Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Prevent reminders to go to participants with expired token

• bdeprez
  • bdeprez's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #157729 by bdeprez
Hi all,

I'm creating a survey in which tokens are valid for 14 days (valid until is set when uploading the participants).

We will be adding more users on a regular basis and would want to send out reminders BUT not to those participants whose token has expired.

I tested this out and I saw that, even if a participants token has expired...

Is there a way to prevent this (aside from removing these participants or updating them one-by-one via database query)?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Bernard
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by bdeprez. Reason: clarified the "aside from"
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 8 months ago #157732 by tpartner
This seems to me to be a bug. Please file a bug report.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • bdeprez
  • bdeprez's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #157733 by bdeprez
My mistake - apologies - I went through the steps again and it seems there is a check being done in the second step of the process... Let me explain:

I clicked the "Send email reminder" -> this takes you to the "Send email reminder" screen where you get the chance to change a few options.

On that page, it shows "Send reminder to token ID(s)" -> in that selection, the expired token is still included

When you then click "Send reminders" -> at that point, before sending the email, it seems to check the token validity and so it excluded the one that had expired:
"2 Email to Test2 User2 (xxxx@gmail.com) skipped: Token is not valid anymore."

This means it works however I think that in a large survey with many expired tokens, this will clutter the list and make it very difficult to identify any other issues that may be hiding in between many "Token is not valid anymore" messages...

Wouldn't it make more sense to do this selection at the first screen and exclude them from the processing in step 2 all together?

I'll create a "nice to have" bug - perhaps others may have the same opinion...

Thanks!
B
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by bdeprez.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose