Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Multi-Tenant

• scoplan
  • scoplan's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #149670 by scoplan
Multi-Tenant was created by scoplan
Is it possible to use LS as a multi-tenant survey tool? Multi-tenant means multiple company. So for instance we provide HR services and have many clients. Each client wants to have surveys. We want to isolate each company so they see only their surveys and can only manage users for their company.
1. Can LS existing permission design support multi-tenant?
2. Can LS database connection be changed on-the-fly (i.e. on a user login) to point to and use a separate DB instance for their company.
3. Would we need completely separate instance of LS to support multi-tenants?
4. Some other way to achieve multi-tenant operation?

Thanks, Stosh
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 1 month ago #149672 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Multi-Tenant

scoplan wrote: Is it possible to use LS as a multi-tenant survey tool?We want to isolate each company so they see only their surveys and can only manage users for their company.
3. Would we need completely separate instance of LS to support multi-tenants?

It's that depending on your specific demands? The way I interpret multi-tentant LS is not offering the capabilities you're looking for. You will end up with one installation per customer. You can check the global settings of LimeSurvey and ask yourself, if these settings can be consistent for every customer.
If not, then you'll need a separate installation.

scoplan wrote: 1. Can LS existing permission design support multi-tenant?

User permission is lacking in some areas. Even for one company.

scoplan wrote: 2. Can LS database connection be changed on-the-fly (i.e. on a user login) to point to and use a separate DB instance for their company.

Not out of the box. And I would be surprised to see something like this soon.

The professional hosting service here on limesurvey.org would be a perfect candidate to use multi-tenant. If someone has done some modifications in that area, then LimeSurvey GmbH.
But as far as I know they use separate installations with separate databases.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose