Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Search Results (Searched for: template)

• GuillaumePEPIN
04 Apr 2024 15:32
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [Version 6.4.12+240311]
Survey theme/template: Hérite [fruity]
==================
Hi there,
I have a question about being able to condition sub-questions (rows in one array) on sub-questions (rows in another array). I have an initial table with 10 sub-questions that affect the presence of items in 12 other question tables. Sub-question 1 in table 2, sub-question 1 in table 3 (and so on up to table 13) must depend on a particular answer to sub-question 1 in table 1. Similarly, sub-questions 2 in Tables 2, 3 and 4 to 13 must depend on the answer to sub-question 2 in Table 1. The sub-questions in Tables 2 to 13 must therefore appear according to the answer to the corresponding sub-question in Table 1.
In Limesurvey I can find out how to create conditions for the whole question (i.e. the table), but not for each row of the table (sub-question). Do you know if this is possible and if so, how? Can it be done with javascript code? If so, I don't know where to write it.
If not, do you have another way of doing it that would save me having to create 120 questions (because what I've shown you is only 20% of the study). Creating tables whose rows depend on the answers in the rows of the first table would make the questionnaire cleaner, faster and more intuitive for the participants.
Thank you for your reply. Have a nice day all,

Guillaume
  • bjtilley
04 Apr 2024 14:49
Thanks for replying!

Would that be this file:
Code:
locale/_template/limesurvey.pot

And how would I make this message different per survey?
  • marcgold
04 Apr 2024 14:03
Your LimeSurvey version: 6.4
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own Server
Survey theme/template: Fruity
==================
So not sure if this a actually a bug now, or was a bug in 3.*  but it was something we used a lot and miss it.
Previous Version allowed us to have Q1 = List  and Q2 = Multiple Choice - Same content and Q Codes in both.   Then use the Array Filter / Exclusion to remove the selected answer from the Q2 Multi Select List.

Useful for Questions like:
Q1.   Which of the following is your favourite
Q2.    And which others do you like...

I know that I am able to use Relevance but I have a list with 30 options - so thats 30 entries - and array filter is 1 entry.

I Know the Tip says enter the code of a previous Multiple Choice hence why i'm thinking that this is a feature not a bug, but it did use to work in V3.*

What does the community think?
  • tpartner
03 Apr 2024 23:12
I believe those are from the locale translation files.
  • bjtilley
03 Apr 2024 22:44 - 03 Apr 2024 22:45
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 6.4.5+240205 
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Yes
Survey theme/template: Vanilla register_message.twig
==================
I need to know how to set certain variables in found in the twig template.
For example register_message.twig has the following variables:
{{ aSurveyInfo.attr.registermessagea }}
{{ aSurveyInfo.attr.registermessageb }}

Do I set these values in the LimeSurvey admin backend?
  • BBSR-SR5
03 Apr 2024 18:39
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 6.4.12
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: LimeSurvey Cloud
Survey theme/template: Customised fruity23 blueberry template
==================
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to adjust my navigation menu/question index, so only specific question groups are shown. I'm using the question group after question group setting.

I want to use some flag to determine wether a question group should be shown or not.

I think to achieve this I need to adjust some code in the question_index_menu.twig. This would be the relevant code, I think:
Code:
<div>
                {# TODO: move back this logic to SurveyRuntime, and provide a ready to use indexItem.statusClass #}
                {% for step, indexItem in aSurveyInfo.aQuestionIndex.items %}
                    {% set statusClass = '' %}
                    {% if attribute(indexItem.stepStatus, 'index-item-unanswered') is defined and attribute(indexItem.stepStatus, 'index-item-unanswered') == true %}
                        {% set statusClass = statusClass ~ ' index-warning' %}
                    {% endif %}
                    {% if attribute(indexItem.stepStatus, 'index-item-error') is defined and attribute(indexItem.stepStatus, 'index-item-error') == true %}
                        {% set statusClass = statusClass ~ ' index-danger' %}
                    {% endif %}
                    {% if attribute(indexItem.stepStatus, 'index-item-current') is defined and attribute(indexItem.stepStatus, 'index-item-current') == true %}
                        {% set statusClass = statusClass ~  ' disabled' %}
                    {% endif %}
                    <li class="list-group-item {{ indexItem.coreClass }}">
                        <a href='{{ indexItem.url }}' data-limesurvey-submit='{{ indexItem.submit }}'
                           class='dropdown-item  {{ statusClass }}'>
                            {{ indexItem.text }}
                        </a>
                    </li>
                {% endfor %}
            </div>

To achieve this I figure the best way would be to put everything within the for-loop into some if clause that checks if a flag on the indexItem is set. Like this:
Code:
{% if indexItem.showItem == 1 %}
{#other code here#}
{% endif %}

Could this work? And how could I attach some custom attribute to my question groups?

Or is there some other workaround I could chose?
  • vasyugan
03 Apr 2024 17:17
Replied by vasyugan on topic Server delivers empty custom.css
If you mean me: I ordered new reading glasses yesterday, but they will be ready only on 15 April.

Anyway, I don't get the same result as Joffm. When I enter code into my local custom.css, Limesurvey still delivers an empty file, that is, a file that looks like this:

/******************
User custom CSS

In this file you can add your own custom CSS
It will be loaded last, so you can override any other property.
Also, it will never be updated. So if you inheritate a core template and just add here some CSS, you'll still benefit of all the updates
*/
  • Joffm
03 Apr 2024 16:51
Replied by Joffm on topic Server delivers empty custom.css
Hi,
I see this
Survey theme/template: bootswatch

Does it mean you did not extend the theme?

When I extend "bootswatch" and enter  this into the "custom.css"

Code:
body {
    font-size: 36px;
    font-family: Georgia;
    font-style: italic;
}
I get this

The changes are obvious.

Now, please, tell us: What exactly did you do?
And why suddenly English?

Joffm

• vasyugan
03 Apr 2024 16:04 - 03 Apr 2024 16:06
Server delivers empty custom.css was created by vasyugan
Your LimeSurvey version:  LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 6.0.0+230405
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own
Survey theme/template: bootswatch
==================
I've edited the custom.css file to contain
``
body {
            font-size: 14px;
    }
``
However, when I run the survey that uses this theme,  the server delivers an empty custom.css. That is: I look at the source code, see that the html header contains the line<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="[url=view-source:https://survey.uferwerk.org/tmp/assets/b66d22d3/css/custom.css]/tmp/assets/b66d22d3/css/custom.css[/url]" />

and when I open the latter, I see a file only containing the following lines:

/******************
User custom CSS

In this file you can add your own custom CSS
It will be loaded last, so you can override any other property. 
Also, it will never be updated. So if you inheritate a core template and just add here some CSS, you'll still benefit of all the updates
*/
Everything I added below is missing.

Why is that? I also switched the theme, saved the survey, switched back. No change.
  • giannopk
03 Apr 2024 15:20 - 03 Apr 2024 15:52
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 5.2.7+211221
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template: Fruity
==================
I have a problem on limesurvey CE 5.2.7. When the admin tries to preview an uploaded file on a user response, he gets a 403: Forbidden Disable for security reasons.You do not have the permission to access this page.

It seems is a lime survey page (graphics) and not the apache page. however the access log of the apache writes:
 "GET /questionary/index.php/responses/downloadfile?surveyId=724617&responseId=6&qid=10312&index=0 HTTP/1.1" 403 8993

On another older instance of limesurvey on another linux server, the attachments are previewed ok without any problem.
I have the selinux disabled by setenforce 0.
Note than I can download all attachments of a response in a zip file, however I cannot preview each attachemt in each response.

Can you please let me know what can I try to fix this?

Thanks
  • SurveySnake
03 Apr 2024 10:12
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 3.23.1+200825
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: LimeSurvey hosting
Survey theme/template: JLU_SLE (sea green)
==================
I generated a multilingual survey. The Problem is, that the language cannot be changed on the first page without confirming the... which is already annoying  for me, but will be confusing for the people I want to ask.
It works with no problems by changing the language on the top right corner, BUT the prominent Language-Change Dropdown menu directly under the Survey name leads to this problem.

How can I change this/how can I remove the dropdown menu under the title?

• rajkumar_dms
03 Apr 2024 08:31
Your LimeSurvey version: 6.4
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hello Team,

How to set a questions as a read only questions and the answer is filled up by equation question
  • linuxhooligan
02 Apr 2024 21:35 - 02 Apr 2024 21:37
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 5.6.55+240220
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template: fruity
==================

I am deploying a number of surveys and on the last page of the survey I provide the user with a graph of their results using Chartjs and then dispaly one of about 5 questions based on their score to provide them some information about their results.  The display of the question is handled by the Condition field and usually has some Expression script such as this:

{
(((!is_empty(MATHtotal.NAOK) && (MATHtotal.NAOK >= 19)) and (!is_empty(MATHtotal.NAOK) && (MATHtotal.NAOK <= 24))))
}

I have a new survey coming up that on the last page will need to display the top 6 scoring questions out of the 30 being tested for.  I am trying to conceptualize what the Condition field Experssionscript might need to look like in order to write the script to set the display value accordingly.  So, we are gathering data on 30 individual variables and on the last page all 30 variables have their own question that displays some information about the variable, of which we need to show the top 6 scoring questions.

Can someone clue me in, perhaps with pseudocode, on how this might be achieved?  I am drawing a blank on this one for some reason and need to get a pointer on how to start thinking about this.

Thanks.

• BluePukeko
02 Apr 2024 20:06
multiple versions same server was created by BluePukeko
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hi, I'm looking at installing Lime on my server, but would like to have two or more installations, using different domain names, on the same server.
Can I install the application with a common shared set of scripts and then have each domain root with a set of config files, or will I need to install each domain root with the complete set of scripts.
  • ABSEM
02 Apr 2024 19:21 - 02 Apr 2024 20:19
Redirect link with panelist was created by ABSEM
Hello everyone,
Thank you to those who will be reading and those who will be able to reply,
We are currently working in partnership with a panelist, they are asking us for several redirection links:

- Survey End Links
- Survey Success URL
- Survey Terminate URL
- Quota Full Terminate URL

Being new to this field, we haven't had this kind of request before,
Do I have to provide the links myself? I didn't get any other information,
I then created a questionnaire with several questions for each corresponding link, so I have this kind of link for the screen out for example:

absem.limesurvey.net/377491?return=scree...=%7BPASSTHRU:LSid%7D

Does this seem correct to you? Or maybe I didn't understand the request, thank you for your information.

Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Cloud Version 6.4.12
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: LimeSurvey hosting
Survey theme/template: Redirect link
==================
Displaying 106 - 120 out of 1248 results.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose