Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Search Results (Searched for: template)

• liamhaller
08 Jun 2023 13:34
Edit integrated pop-up text was created by liamhaller
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
On the data protection page, if a user clicks “continue” but does not agree to the terms, they are shown a popup that in English that reads “Please tick this box if you want to proceed”. If possible, I would like to edit this text and translate to a different language, however after looking through the CSS / JS in the templets theme I was unable to find where this text is being generated. 

The survey is currently deployed on LimeSurvey Version 3.28.54 hosted on a local server. I believe this translation is fixed in the most recent version of LimeSurvey cloud, however for the moment being updating the version is not an option. 
  • DenisChenu
08 Jun 2023 10:42
Replied by DenisChenu on topic "Best" Default Theme for Customisation

Thanks for your input, that is what I thought. I came across this: github.com/SondagesPro/LS-theme-skelvanilla
Do you happen to have any experience with it?

Manual : extensions.sondages.pro/themes-and-templ...bility/documentation
And if you know how to use less to generate css : extensions.sondages.pro/themes-and-templ...reate-your-own-theme

Thank you @tparner

• ftrojet
08 Jun 2023 09:20
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 5.4.5+221010
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hi,
I want to hide answer of multiple choice (boostrap button) if select by another participant.
After search, i don't find the solution.

• Simatzgmail123
07 Jun 2023 10:13 - 07 Jun 2023 10:16
Replied by Simatzgmail123 on topic Array dual scale - more than 2 scales
Thank you and sorry... I did not ignore the questions at the beginning ...I just wasnt sure what to answer, I nedded to check in the company I work in, here are the answers:

Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen] Version 6.1.2
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: I work in a company (company is user)
Survey theme/template: I usually use "fruity"
  • Orbit-Reiter
06 Jun 2023 14:04 - 06 Jun 2023 14:05
Your LimeSurvey version: Community Edition Version 6.0.4+230427
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own
Survey theme/template: fruity
==================
Hello!
I have been using the following script (from here ) to fix positions at the bottom (below "Other"-option) in version 3.
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
  $(document).on('ready pjax:scriptcomplete',function(){

// Identify this question
    var qID = {QID};
    var thisQuestion = $('#question'+qID);

// Define the sub-question codes to be placed last
    var lastItems = ['SQ006', 'SQ007', 'SQ008'];

// Loop through those sub-question codes
    $.each(lastItems, function(i, val) {
      // Move that item to the end of the list
      // Multi-choice question
      if($(thisQuestion).hasClass('multiple-opt')) {
        $('.question-item[id$=X'+qID+val+']', thisQuestion).appendTo($('.question-item[id$=X'+qID+val+']', thisQuestion).parent());
      }
      // Array question
      if($(thisQuestion).hasClass('array-flexible-row')) {
        $('.answers-list[id$=X'+qID+val+']', thisQuestion).appendTo($('table.subquestion-list tbody:last', thisQuestion));
      }
      // List-radio question
      if($(thisQuestion).hasClass('list-radio')) {
        $('.answer-item[id$=X'+qID+val+']', thisQuestion).appendTo($('.answer-item[id$=X'+qID+val+']', thisQuestion).parent());
      }
    });  
  });
</script>

It seems it's not working anymore (at least for multi-opt) but I can't find out what to change.

Moreover, I found very strange behaviour of the option I set as an exclusive option. It always is fixed in a position when randomising (even without any script), but always one above its position in the answer list. So when I set the second option as exclusive, it fixes it to the first position. If I set the last option as exclusive, its fixed in the second to last option. Is this a bug?
  • Tiudivnet_418126
06 Jun 2023 12:09
Extract LS responses in Google Sheets was created by Tiudivnet_418126
Your LimeSurvey version: [Version 5.6.25]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: 
Survey theme/template: 
==================
Hi everyone! I'm starting to use LimeSurvey and hope I can get some help here. We need to export our responses.
I'm still a junior developer with some knowledge in javascript and learning python, so I thought the easiest way would be to export the answrers directly into a Google Sheets to analyse data. 

I found and old VBA script shared in this thread . We are trying to adapt it but we are encountering two errors:
- with a questionaire with only one answer, the reponse arrived in the spreadsheet but as a sequencie of numbers separated by comma. All in one cell A1.
- with a questionaire with over 200 answers, the error says "The entry contains more than the max limit of 50000 carachters in one single cell."
I saved the adapted script in this github repo

Can anyone help me on that, please? =]
  • ginosupport
06 Jun 2023 10:53 - 06 Jun 2023 10:53
Updating LimeSurvey was created by ginosupport
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.6.10
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template:
==================
We would like to update Limesurvey and it has come to our attention that there's a 6.x version. (We're currently on 5.6.10).
This means there are now 3 versions supported by LS.
There's a 3.x, 5.x and a 6.x of which the 3.x is a LTS version.
We have three questions about this.
- Will 5.x become the LTS version eventually?
- Is the 6.x version a stable, production ready version or do we need to see that as a beta version?
- Is there a way to update from 5.x to 6.x through the comfort update? Seeing the PHP versions don't overlap and the comfort update won't touch the PHP version itself. The manual doesn't mention anything about updating from 5.x to 6.x, so it looks like we also need to update PHP in this step.

What do you guys recommend?
  • mirkowittka
06 Jun 2023 09:26
"Best" Default Theme for Customisation was created by mirkowittka
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Cloud Version 5.6.25
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: LimeSurvey Hosting
Survey theme/template:
==================

Hey everyone,

I recently switched from self-hosted to LimeSurvey Cloud and I was thinking about using this opportunity to redo our survey theme. Since I haven't been following all the changes in the last years that have been made to the themes, I was wondering if there is a "go to" theme that is used for extending. So my questions are:
- which default survey theme is the most "robust" as in functionality and visual consistency?
- which default survey theme is the easiest to alter due to less dependencies and general "bulkiness" (looking at you bootstrap)

I would appreciate some feedback, thanks!
Best,
Mirko
  • gerwin
06 Jun 2023 08:23 - 06 Jun 2023 08:43
Move asterisk to end of question was created by gerwin
Please help us help you and fill where relevant: LimeSurvey Cloud
Your LimeSurvey version: 3.28.54
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Limesurvey Cloud hosting
Survey theme/template: Fruity extended with some different styling
==================
I am trying to position the asterisk for a mandatory question at the end of the question-text. To achieve this I have been moving the 'asterisk'-span to the last position in the question_text_content.twig, and while the asterisk is now after the question, it also moves it to a new line. I have tried fixing this by applying the css 'display:inline-block' to a div in which I put both the asterisk and the question-text, but this does not seem to work. My question hence is; how do I move the asterisk to just after the question mark so in the example below it will be '....down?*' 

Thanks a lot!

Image of current result
  • maxersloan
05 Jun 2023 21:35
JS to randomize characters in a string. was created by maxersloan
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 2.6.7-lts Build 171212 (please don't laugh!)
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own
Survey theme/template: any
==================
Hello, Previously Joffm provided a great solution for me in order to randomly choose brands to rate in a survey. I'm revisiting this with some alterations (actually to make it simpler) and I can't seem to figure it out. Below is the link to the original post from a few years ago with Joffm's code. Now I'm just using eqM1 to create the character string, then eqM3 to randomize, then eqM4 to pick the first from the random list. My problem is I cannot get eqM3 to randomize the character list. The data populates in eqM3 but does not randomize. Attached is the LSS file. Why is this not working?

forums.limesurvey.org/index.php/forum/ca...acking-study?start=0

Below is the eqM3 JS from Joffm
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">

function shuffle(array) {
  var currentIndex = array.length, temporaryValue, randomIndex;

// While there remain elements to shuffle...
  while (0 !== currentIndex) {

// Pick a remaining element...
    randomIndex = Math.floor(Math.random() * currentIndex);
    currentIndex -= 1;

// And swap it with the current element.
    temporaryValue = array[currentIndex];
    array[currentIndex] = array[randomIndex];
    array[randomIndex] = temporaryValue;
  }

return array;
}

$(document).on('ready pjax:scriptcomplete',function(){
// Fill the array
      var arr =  $('#question{QID} input[type="text"]').val();
      var nArr = arr.split(', ');
      arr = shuffle(nArr);
      anumbers = arr.slice(0,1);
      $('#question{QID} input[type="text"]').val(anumbers);
      $('#question{QID}').hide();
$('#ls-button-submit').trigger('click');      
   });
</script>
  • maxersloan
05 Jun 2023 20:24
Your LimeSurvey version: Any
Survey theme/template: Any
==================
Hello, I'm trying to create an array question with the following requirements:
  1. Checkbox layout
  2. Respondent can select as many options as they want for each subquestion
  3. Randomized rows
  4. Randomized columns
  5. Show/hide columns based on a previous question
  6. Always show a "None of these" option in the last column, which will also be an exclusive option
For context, the rows will be attribute statements ("Good value for the money", "Quality product", etc.) while the columns will be brands that the respondent is aware of (based on the previous question). I want them to be able to select as many brands as they want (not just one brand per statement).

I have searched all day on the forums and manual with no luck. Is this possible?
  • amilcar_pg
05 Jun 2023 20:01
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.3.6+220321
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: YES
Survey theme/template: Vanilla
==================

Dear colleagues,

On the following question group I have 6 questions and another hidden one. My goal is that when the hidden one randomly selects 1, only men's photos will be shown, and when it shows 2, women's ones. This is working perfectly. On top of that, I also want the order to be randomized, that's also working, with the "Randomization group name". However, inside each question I need two things that I'm not being able to program as desired:

1. I need the options to be randomized, however, "ageguess" must be fixed at the end;
2. I need the validation data from all the subquestions, but ageguess, to support numeric values from 0 to 10, and when the subquestion is "ageguess", I must admit values from 0 to 99.

I'm attasching the .lsg file. If anyone needs any other information, I'm available.

In order for the attachement to fit in here, I've removed the photos. The survey was programmed in brazilian portuguese as well.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best,
  • brais24
05 Jun 2023 14:09
Quota was created by brais24
Your LimeSurvey version: 3.25
Survey theme/template: Vanilla
==================
Hi there People, i have a question with the quotas, i want to make this quota for example, work.

But the question is, this is a quota that comes prefilled on the participant table.

To do that, i use an ecuation question, to prefill the fields

I think the Quota doesnt count because of this, the equation prefill the question but with the code "Comer", instead of select the right option or put the complete name, can someone help me with this?

I attach the survey  

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...9261.lss
File Size:718 KB

Thanks for the help.

• gerwin
05 Jun 2023 11:17
Your LimeSurvey version: 3.28.54
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: LimeSurvey Cloud hosting
Survey theme/template: Sea Green
==================

The question-help ('the question mark followed by some instructions') is by default displayed at the bottom of a question container. I would like to position the question-help in the container between a question and the answer options. 

How can I achieve that? I guess I need to change something in the Javascript, but I do not know where to find it. Thanks a lot!
  • nonformality
03 Jun 2023 17:59
Your LimeSurvey version: 6.1.0_230530
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template: fruity
==================
For personalised invitations to our surveys, we only use the firstname of potential respondents. So far, we have always just used a bogus last name for everyone and simply not used the field in our email templates (fair and easy workaround), but I was wondering: is it actually possible to make this a non-core/non-mandatory attribute? The option to toggle the switch are greyed out.
Displaying 1171 - 1185 out of 1222 results.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose