Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Search Results (Searched for: multiple)

• evhenii_access
29 Mar 2024 15:45
Hi, many thanks for referring me to the right source of workarounds. However, I still wasn’t able to fix the issue, as there are multiple pieces of code which could do the job, but none of them works properly for 3 columns.I want ‘None’ to be placed in the end of last column, but it’s randomly placed in the end of 1st or 2nd or 3rd column.   If I try to have 2 variants in the end – they are placed in the end of some random column or columns.I’ve tried these 4 variands of code -  -  Partially Randomized Answers - Multiple Options & List (radio) questions-  Partially Randomized Answers - Multiple Options & List (radio) questions (Enhanced) - LimeSurvey version 2.06,    LimeSurvey version 2.73.0,     LimeSurvey version 3.xCould you please point out or paste here the specific piece of code that you were able to use successfully in your example?  Does it work properly in every run, with None always placed in last column?   Many thanks again 
  • Joffm
29 Mar 2024 13:41
Hi,
here you find a working script.
[url] manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Manip...meSurvey_version_3.x :[/url]

And don't miss this
Create a Multiple Options or List (radio) question with sequential response codes.

Where did you find your script. I did not find the source of it, only citations.

Joffm
  • Headway-Advisory
29 Mar 2024 12:45 - 29 Mar 2024 16:12
Bonjour à tous ;)

Je débute sur LimeSurvey, et voici l'obstacle que je rencontre :
1/ J'ai une première question (Q1) qui demande à mes répondants de sélectionner les formations auxquelles ils ont postulé (réponses à choix multiple)
2/ J'ai une deuxième question (Q2) qui leur demande de classer ces formations sélectionnées. J'ai donc utilisé le code .shown pour reprendre les réponses de ma Q1. 
3/ Pour la question 3 (Q3) je veux construire une question Tableau, avec en lignes les formations les mieux classées (TOP 4 de la Q2), et en colonnes des indicateurs de performance. 
--> Je ne vois pas comment construire cette question, d'autant plus qu'il y a beaucoup d'options de formations possibles (au moins 40). J'avais testé une autre méthode en ajoutant une question intermédiaire entre Q1 et Q2. Je demandais "Parmi ces voeux, sélectionne tes 4 préférés.". Je voulais me référer à cette question, à l'aide d'un code shown à nouveau, mais les modalités qui s'affichaient en testant mon questionnaire étaient le texte du code (ex : G01Q01_SQ001.shown) et non pas ma réponse en soi (ex : "Formation en sport"). La mécanique fonctionnait bien, mais ça ne m'affichait pas le bon contenu. 

Merci d'avance pour votre aide :)

Blanche 
  • evhenii_access
29 Mar 2024 12:24
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [ LimeSurvey Cloud Version 6.4.12]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:  LimeSurvey hosting
Survey theme/template: Fruity TwentyThree
==================
 Hi, I would appreciate some help with javascript code forcing an answer option (like ‘None’) to be always show in the end of randomized list with multiple columns.I’ve been using this javascript code below (found on this forum) placed in ‘question text’ section – it works just fine, but only for a 1-column display.  However, for 2-column or 3-column display, this code makes ‘None’ to be shown on the page 2 or 3 times – in the end of each column.  I’m attaching the lss archive  

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...3333.lss
File Size:86 KB
with example of 3-column and 1-column design.Could anyone help me please to adjust this code for 2-column and 3-column list, so that ‘None’ is shown just once, in the end of last column?  <script type='text/javascript'>/* Place option at the end of the randomized list */$(document).ready(function() {var move_element="C701";/* Please do NOT change the lines below */var move_element="javatbd{SGQ}"+move_element;$("#"+move_element).insertAfter("#question{QID} .answers-list .answer-item:last-child");});</script>     
  • tpartner
28 Mar 2024 17:53

By the way, is there a way to avoid that with the editor? Does using the source code editor help or does LimeSurvey add extra HTML afterwards?
LimeSurvey adds nothing, it is a "feature" of the editor. I suggest setting your editor preferences to "Popup".

• phylll
28 Mar 2024 17:44
Many thanks for picking this up, Tony. Unfortunately, that is not the problem (since my python script strips all HTML from the equation question already, and I just accidentally readded it using the LimeSurvey web WYSIWIG editor for anonymizing my LSS).

By the way, is there a way to avoid that with the editor? Does using the source code editor help or does LimeSurvey add extra HTML afterwards?
  • tpartner
28 Mar 2024 16:57
I would start with removing the unnecessary HTML from your equation question.

• Joffm
28 Mar 2024 16:48 - 28 Mar 2024 16:49

How to count the number selected answer in the mutiple choice questions is there is any function for this

Yes, please, read the manual
[url] manual.limesurvey.org/ExpressionScript_-...mplemented_functions [/url]
  • holch
28 Mar 2024 16:30
Do a search on the forum, this has been explained various times, most probably by tpartner, Joffm and Denis multiple times.
  • rajkumar_dms
28 Mar 2024 14:50
Your LimeSurvey version: 6.4
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
How to count the number selected answer in the mutiple choice questions is there is any function for this
  • phylll
28 Mar 2024 14:03
LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Cloud Version 6.4.12, hosted by LimeSurvey, using the standard Fruity TwentyThree theme.
==================

Dear experts,

The closest I was able to find in the forums is this 3-years-old thread with very useful input by Joffm:  forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...ltiple-choice#209614

Basically, I've built a survey that first asks a multiple choice question with checkmarks (completely open, respondents can select between zero options and every available option) and then they get shown one question group per selected option, or none at all if they selected no options at all. Works fine.

As an additional feature, I've added respondent-specific defaults to the multiple choice question. So, the participant table holds extra information in attributes, and based on those attributes, some of the checkmarked subquestions in the multiple choice question "rcptSlctr" get automatically checked by default. Works fine, as well.

I've built this as a "survey template" not in the LimeSurvey sense but as an incomplete survey that I export as an LSS file, modify through a Python script to generate all these repetitive question groups that would be tedious and error-prone to build per hand every time, and reimport the new LSS into LimeSurvey. Again, works fine in most ways, and LimeSurvey's logic checks run fine.

Except that now, *deselecting* some of these defaults gets ignored *most of the time*. I am able to select additional question groups in my initial multiple choice question, and deselect others that were defaults, but then I still usually get a selection of question groups to answer that tends to include all the choices I tampered with, but not all (so the group relevance checks/conditions do work wherever I had not touched the checkboxes on the multiple choice question page).

Is this sufficiently clear or should I make screenshots? I've attached the LSS file I'm using. The problem tends to appear more often, if not only (no longer sure after lots of testing) for slightly larger number of choices and question groups than those 3. In my "production version", I have 23 entries/question groups, and there is happens all the time. If necessary, I can create an anonymized LSS with 23 entries, but I wanted to first give it a try and see if there is some obvious mistake I've made. (It's an internal staff feedback tool in my organization, so I need to anonymize everything before I post the LSS.)

Thank you very much for your support! 

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...9999.lss
File Size:57 KB
  • Joffm
28 Mar 2024 13:54
Hi,
for the the first "multiple" -> "single" you use simple array filter
for the the second you have to insert a hidden multiple (HM), preset it with an equation and use as array filter for Q3

Like this
{HM_1=if(Q1_1=="Y" and Q2!=1,"Y","")}
{HM_2=if(Q1_2=="Y" and Q2!=2,"Y","")}
{HM_3=if(Q1_3=="Y" and Q2!=3,"Y","")}
{HM_4=if(Q1_4=="Y" and Q2!=4,"Y","")}

Only a short answer.
This procedure is explained very many times here.

Joffm
  • Help123
27 Mar 2024 09:41
Please help me to design my Survey was created by Help123
Hello all I have a question regarding limesurvey and I am a bit desperate. Maybe someone of you might help me. So first I read that there is no Loop function in Limesurvey, that complicates things a lot because I want to ask many questions to multiple pictures. But it's only the picture that changes and it's the same questions, so a Loop would have been very useful.

But since I didn't saw a solution for that I have anohre problem. I have 5 blocks with 80 pictures and per picture I have 3 questions. I want to randomize the order of the blocks shown and also the 80 pictures with the 3 questions in these 5 blocks. How would u do this the easiest way possible? Would you create per picture a group of question in limesurvey or would you assine a group of question a block with the 80 pictures (with 3 questions per picture). Is there any way I could fusion different questions, for example matrix and another type of question?

I hope it was understandable and I would be very glad for your support.
  • Irmiii
26 Mar 2024 11:23
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Community Edition   Version 6.3.4+231108 
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: server
Survey theme/template: Fruity ( fruity )
==================
Hi, I need to take the selected answers from a multiple choice question to be the answer options of the next question. So if i have a multiple choice question with codes 1,2,3,4,5 and i select only 2&4 when filling the survey, i need only 2&4 to be the next questions answer options. So whatever i select in the first question should be shown as answer in the next one. Is it possible? 
Thanks
  • DenisChenu
25 Mar 2024 16:09
Replied by DenisChenu on topic trop de sous-questions
Non,

Pas de raison.

Et en choix multiples ? Tableaux etc ?
Displaying 106 - 120 out of 741 results.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose