Hiding specific checkboxes in multiple choice & with comments

More
1 month 1 week ago #183234 by marcgold

tpartner wrote: Can you please explain exactly what you are trying to accomplish with a mock-up, give your LimeSurvey version and attach a small sample survey (.lss file).

Thanks Tpartner.

A working model for this would be super useful, as this type of question come up a lot. It's all about how the question is displayed to the survey taker and tries to group items into logical sections / headings. Personally I really think this should be built into LS as part of the question - I will add it to feature requests. My current version is LS 3.17.2

The Layout is as Such

Heading 1
  • Option 1
  • Option 2
  • Option 3
Heading 2
  • Option 4
  • Option 5
  • Option 6

Thanks in Advance
Marc
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 days ago #183383 by krosser

marcgold wrote: What I did notice is that the hyperlink on the label still activates the checkbox.

Can you explain how you managed to move the label as the code above doesn't seem to work in custom.css.

Yes, you are right about checkboxes being activated when labels are clicked. It registers a 'Yes' for them. But this workaround for the user/respondent and they don't know. I know that you will need to clean your export data if they accidentally click on those labels.

Regarding moving labels to the left, if you used Tony's script for adding the class "hidden-checkbox", then you can try the following in custom.css for a basic multiple-choice (without comments):
.answers-list .hidden-checkbox,
.answers-list .hidden-checkbox label {
    padding-left: 0;
}

I'm using the latest LS 3.17 hosted on LS servers, not installed locally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!