Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

upgrade failed and replacing previous install failing too.

• pauld01
  • pauld01's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #127600 by pauld01
Hello,

I performed the upgrade manually as per the instructions. Deleted all files except the upload folder and then uploaded all new files and replaced config.php and when I try going to the site I am redirected to /survey/index.php/admin/databaseupdate/sa/db and I get a Server Error 500 page unlike any other 500 internal server error I have ever seen.

When I replace the older version files which was working just fine I get the same error. I have tried both twice now with the same result. I have checked the server and do not see anything related to this path in any of the server logs. Does anyone know what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
Paul
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #127603 by LouisGac
databaseupdate is a new controller. Please, can you check if the file application/controllers/admin/databaseupdate.php exists on your server, and that it has the correct access rights ?
  • pauld01
More
8 years 4 months ago #127605 by pauld01
Yes, it exists. What are the correct access rights. I do not remember seeing anything about permissions in the upgrade instructions. The only thing I did was made sure the tmp folder was 777
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #127606 by LouisGac
well, the file should be readable by webuser. Could you please post the error message you get ?
  • pauld01
More
8 years 4 months ago #127608 by pauld01
no real error like I would anticipate just this page. even if I try to upload the previous install files I get the same thing now.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #127609 by LouisGac
ok, so let's turn on debug mode to see if it provides more infos.
open the file application/config/config.php ; at the end of the file you'll find : "debug'=>0 replace it by "debug'=>2
  • pauld01
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #127612 by pauld01
Ok now there are errors.. I edited this as it wasn't displaying the last line of the error messages.

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/public_html/survey/framework/i18n/gettext/CGettextMoFile.php on line 234

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/public_html/survey/framework/i18n/gettext/CGettextMoFile.php on line 234

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3758096385 bytes) in /home/public_html/survey/framework/i18n/gettext/CGettextMoFile.php on line 212
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by pauld01. Reason: missing info
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #127613 by LouisGac
what version of php are you using ?
  • pauld01
More
8 years 4 months ago #127614 by pauld01
PHP Version 5.3.29
  • pauld01
More
8 years 4 months ago #127616 by pauld01
ok I updated to php 5.4.39 by adding AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php to my htaccess file and phpinfo shows this version now the error is just this.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3758096385 bytes) in /home/devpro5/public_html/survey/framework/i18n/gettext/CGettextMoFile.php on line 212

I can try adjusting the memory.. ??
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #127617 by LouisGac
ok, so, the problem come from the translation files (under /locale). You should try to upload them again with your ftp in binary mode .
  • pauld01
More
8 years 4 months ago #127618 by pauld01
wow are you good.. Louis.. I am now at the "Please verify the following information before continuing with the database upgrade:"

I will report back after I follow the steps to complete the upgrade. I use SecureFX for FTP and the .mo files were set to ascii so I updated the global options and set mo to binary and uploaded as you said to.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose