Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to customize Token page (Token control -> Display Tokens)

• fdzmon
  • fdzmon's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #116178 by fdzmon
Hi everybody!

Thank LimeSurvey developer for this great application!
I'm new to LimeSurvey and have a question.
Could someone please hint me which file to edit for me to customize the "Display tokens" page, I want to add "Survey URL" column next to "Token" column (as the picture below).

I've read the manual about template edit and found out that there's no template edit for Admin page, am i wrong?

Thanks so much!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #116181 by tpartner
This is not possible without hacking the core code and, to be honest, I don't see why you would want to do that.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by tpartner.
  • holch
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #116184 by holch
Well, I wouldn't need the URL in this list, but it would be great if one could download a CSV or EXCEL with the survey URL ready. At the moment the SURVEY URL has to be create manually in Excel. For pure online surveys this is not very relevant, but for Data Entry, CAPI or CATI you sometimes need to pass on the survey url with token in bulk.

But this is of course another topic. In this overview page I wouldn't need it, especially as it is available under the little "wheel" in the front of the line and can be copied easily. But this is only practical if you need single URLs.

When I have to provide 1000 links to a fieldwork team, this is annoying.

Here is a description of what I do right now, but I think it would be easy to implement an export function like this in Limesurvey directly: manual.limesurvey.org/Tokens#A_tip_for_g...de_the_token_already

@fzdomn: Why do you want the URL to be displayed in this list? The URL is quite long and it is already viewable when hovering over the little wheel symbol at the beginning of each line.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by holch.
  • tpartner
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #116190 by tpartner
I see your point holch - how about adding it to the feature requests ?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by tpartner.
  • holch
More
9 years 2 months ago #116192 by holch
Yeah, I will think about it. But let's see why fzdomn wants to have this, because my need might be something totally different...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• fdzmon
  • fdzmon's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #116276 by fdzmon

tpartner wrote: This is not possible without hacking the core code and, to be honest, I don't see why you would want to do that.

Ops :(
It's just my friend's opinion to have that feature :) .
I'll try to hack the core code.
Thanks so much for your information !
@holch: thanks for the "little wheel", maybe my friend haven't known this (as I said, we just begin to use Lime), so after know this, maybe he will not want this anymore :D
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by fdzmon.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
9 years 1 month ago #116660 by Mazi
I am pretty sure that your friend was just overlooking the icon to directly start the survey and was thus searching for such a link.
I also have to admit that the icon is not really helpful...

If you are missing information about how to start a survey from the token screen please update our manual accordingly. It's a wiki, everyone can and should edit it.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose