Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

how to design a 500+questions survey?

More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #118247 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic how to design a 500+questions survey?

holch wrote: Just out of curiosity: Who fills a 1000 question survey? I am sure this is is a very special case.

If you use many conditions and filters you don't need to fill out 1000 questions.

Wonder if the php session file for every user would be even bigger with a 1000 questions survey than with simple surveys, where every user got a 1 to 1,6 MB session file created, when starting the survey. That is a problem with session files on tmp partitions.

For me "Big data" starts if a database is 500GB and more.

Would be interesting to see some database designs of other applications with survey elements.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
Last edit: 9 years 6 days ago by jelo.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 6 days ago #118249 by holch
Replied by holch on topic how to design a 500+questions survey?
Maybe not everyone will fill 1000 questions, but still, this is well beyond most questionnaires that I have ever seen.

Even an insane 1 hour CAPI questionnaire that we had to run some time ago should get anywhere close to that. Loads of conditions and paths depending on specific vehicle models that the respondent had to own would hide many of the questions and it still took easily 1 hour to fill, even with experienced interviewers. I need to find this monster again, but my guess would be about 200-300 questions.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
9 years 6 days ago #118250 by holch
Replied by holch on topic how to design a 500+questions survey?
By the way: are you a sleep walker? Its 3am over there already... go and sleep! ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose