Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

After selecting a response, I would like users to be directed to 1 of 3 surveys.

• APerson
  • APerson's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #112097 by APerson
I've spent the past several hours working with LimeSurvey and think it is capable of doing what I need but I can't confirm that. I've looked through the help files and can't find an answer. Specifically, I'd like users to answer one question, with just three radio buttons (they may only select one response). Based on their selection, I would then like them to be taken to one of three different surveys. Is that possible? How? FYI, I've been trying to accomplish that with setting conditions, and also attempting to see if they could be referred to one of three different groups. That doesn't seem to work.

Also, when my form is done, I'd like users to be provided with the output of entries (I have no need to maintain their data). Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #112107 by tpartner
1) Do you need them redirected to completely different surveys or simply see different questions in the same survey? If different surveys, you can use Expression Manager to modify the End URL depending on the radio answer. If the same survey, you can use conditions or relevance to hide/show questions and groups depending on the radio answer

2) See "Participants may print answers" - manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Pr...ation_.26_navigation

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: APerson
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #112108 by Ben_V
1) Set your survey to automatically redirect the user after completion

2) Use EM in the end url field following this kind of syntax:
Code:
{if(Q1=='A1','http://example.org/survey1', if(Q1=='A2','http://example.org/survey2', 'http://example.org/survey3'))}
where:
Q1 is the question code,
A1, A2, A3 (etc...) are the answer options codes

Note that A3 answer option is not necessary mentionned in the expression (it's enough with A1 and A2 not checked...)

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Ben_V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: APerson
  • APerson
More
9 years 6 months ago #112118 by APerson
Thank you both for your suggestions - I'll try them. Although I can go either route (separate surveys or different questions depending on responses), I suspect that for my situation, it may be best to have separate ones and each requires many of the same questions but not always. Again, thanks. I'll play with my survey later today and see how things work.
  • APerson
More
9 years 6 months ago #112169 by APerson
Hi Ben_V,

It's taken a couple of days to get back to you but I can't find where to put the syntax you mentioned in #2. I can't find an end URL field.

Thanks for your help.
  • tpartner
More
9 years 6 months ago #112184 by tpartner
You can edit the End URL at Survey Properties --> Edit text elements.

Then you will need to enable it at Survey Properties --> General settings --> Presentation & navigation --> Automatically load URL when survey complete.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V, APerson

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose