Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is there any way I can make comments in surveys users have answered?

• guilhermeasg
  • guilhermeasg's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 day ago #118382 by guilhermeasg
Hi everyone,

I am using LimeSurvey as a tool to gather information about my users. Depending on their answers, they'll be able to enroll in a specific program my business runs. They have a period where applicants can modify the answers, or submit them again, if the answers are incomplete or incorrect. Therefore I need to know if LimeSurvey allows me to, as admin, make comments about user's answers, so they can know what is needed for them to change in the survey they're filling.

Sorry about my English, I'm from Brazil :)
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 1 day ago #118383 by holch
Unfortunately you won't be able to make comments on the answers of respondents. They can change their answers if you configure Limesurvey accordingly, but there is only one way of communication through Limesurvey directly: From the user to you. There is no way for you to communicate with the users, except for the invitation and reminder emails, but they are pretty much standard, so you can't give individual feedback.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: guilhermeasg
  • holch
More
9 years 1 day ago #118384 by holch
And don't worry about your English. It is fine. And many on the forum are not English native speakers.

Best regards from São Paulo. ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• aesteban
More
9 years 1 day ago #118388 by aesteban
Perhaps there is a workaround: You can add a question at the end of every section (for example) for your comments. The question would be: "Comments to your application form (please don't fill this field)".

At any moment, you could edit this reserved field from admin panel. User will be able to read your comments when he take the survey again (if you configure LimeSurvey to see previous response).
  • lemonlimebitters
More
9 years 7 hours ago #118426 by lemonlimebitters
You could have a question hidden from the user where you answer it as the administrator in the admin panel.

Then have a Text only display question after this question, that uses Replacement Field Properties to insert the 'hidden' Comment.

You'd have to have token persistance on for this. I'm pretty sure the hidden field and the Text Display field need to be on separate pages. Hope this helps.

lemonlimebitters

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose