Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Group Randomisation

• limette123
  • limette123's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #127434 by limette123
Group Randomisation was created by limette123
Hi everyone,
I`ve created my questionnaire and everything works out fine but now I've got only one more important problem to solve before I can start.
My questionnaire contains five groups (each group structured in exactly the same way) and I`ve set "Group Randomization” for these five groups.
Since I am working with a semi-monadic design, I can only use the question 1 of each question group IF the corresponding group was shown on first position to the respondent. Thus, I urgently need to know in which order each respondent answered the questionnaire in order tto be able to interpret the results.
When I export the results, how can I detect which question group was shown on first position, which one on second position, etc. to the respondent?
Many thanks for your help!!!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #127455 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Group Randomisation
This is definitely not an "installation & update issue", so I move this to a more appropriate forum.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
8 years 6 months ago #127520 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Group Randomisation

...how can I detect which question group was shown on first position...

You could place hidden equation type questioons in each group to record a timestamp when the group is first opened - manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Functions

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
8 years 6 months ago #127526 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Group Randomisation
That is a good idea, Tony. I was thinking about how to write this into a hidden question, but I did not think of a timestamp. It is a little bit more work later, as you don't see it immediately, but it allows you to now the position of the group exactly.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose