Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Free text and sub question array and multiple choice configuration

• sudeten
  • sudeten's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #124711 by sudeten
I have an unusual use case that I need to design and am presently considering lime survey as a potential solution but I need to confirm that the configuration I need can be achieved before I start.

I need to set up a series of huge free text questions -- about 70+ of them. I need for the end user to be able to go from one free text question to the another (this will be used in a live interview setting where the conversation will be captured in free text). After this has been completed, the assessor will return to the survey answers and complete an assessment of the free text using array and multiple choice subquestions. An analysis will be generated from the answers to the subquestions.

Is that possible to set up? If so, how would this be done?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sudeten.
The topic has been locked.
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 6 months ago #124713 by gabrieljenik
I see 2 surveys in the picture you mentioned.

What kind of relation exist between the 2 of them?
Is there any data relationship? is there any data the end-user entered that you need from the assessment?

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• sudeten
More
8 years 6 months ago #124714 by sudeten
Yes, in essence there are 2 surveys:
1. About 70 huge free text questions.
ex: 1. Tell us of a situation in which you confronted ---- issue and how you handled it.
-- For each free text question during the interview, the note taker takes notes of the conversation and enters those notes into the huge free text question box. When all of the free text questions are finished then:

2. Array and multiple choice questions:
ex: The note taker and interviewer return to question number 1 and read the answer (notes) in the text box. They review the notes that were entered in the free text box and then answer:
1a. array question #1
1b. array question #2
1c. array question #3
1d. multiple choice question #1
1e. multiple choice question #2

When all of the array and multiple choice questions are completed, then the answers to these questions will be scored.

Does that help?
  • gabrieljenik
More
8 years 6 months ago #124718 by gabrieljenik
Yes. As you tell I guess there is no real need of development.
There are just 2 separate surveys.
The questions from the second one would refer to questions in the first one, but answers from survey #1 won't be showed in survey #2.
Survey #2 question would be: "In questionxxx how did the performer do?"

If development could be added, then it would be usefull for interviewrs to have answers directly on survey #2 as they don't have to switch screens continuously.
Survey #2 question would be: "In questionxxx performer said XXXXXXX. How did he do?"

If you need that kind of integration between 2 surveys, some development is needed.
In that case, just let me know. I can support you.

Thanks!

Gabriel

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• sudeten
More
8 years 6 months ago #124722 by sudeten
I guess I wasn't too clear. The answers (text) from "survey #1" MUST BE SHOWN in survey #2 in order for them to answer the questions.
Survey #1 - what did you do? (enter text)
Survey #2 -- read answer to question 1 in survey #1 and then answer, "how did the performer do?"

Interviewers will need to have answers directly on survey #2 so they don't have to switch screens.

I was wondering if survey #2 could be subquestions that were skipped the first time around but then answered the second time. Would that work?
  • gabrieljenik
More
8 years 6 months ago #124724 by gabrieljenik
It is possible. by having a question for entering a magic password, which would be used to show / hide assessment questions.
That would only involve Expression Manager.

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #124734 by tpartner
You can use one survey with tokens and " Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token ".

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose