Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Ranking & prioritizing x out of y (y >x) items and making the question mandatory

More
8 years 7 months ago #123758 by jelo

nandan wrote: First problem: I still keep getting these messages, even if I make the question non-mandatory:

Than why to you already excluded that it can be a bug? I cannot exclude that at this stage.
I asked for the build number and the exported ranking question. I have no crystal ball.

A question can become mandatory via:
1.) Mandatory Option
2.) Validation rules
When you set e.g the minimum answers of a question, that can have the same effect as using the mandatory option directly. Think about a textfield. The mandatory option helps you ensure a filled field without creating a validation rule.
But if you set a validation-rule like "length of text >0" you get the same effect.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 7 months ago #123761 by holch
You need to help us to help. As I said, here it is working and there is no error message (when not setting as mandatory).

Can you upload the .lss file from the link?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• nandan
  • nandan's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #123763 by nandan
@jelo: I am not excluding it or including it. You see, there are two parts to it...One part works according to the manual (mandatory question needs to be ranked completely) - that seems as per the expectation. So this part is most likely not a bug. The second part is that the error messages should probably not show up, but they are...this may be a bug...my earlier reference was to the first part.

I gave the version number earlier, not the build number...here it is: Version 2.06+ Build 150723

@holch: Agreed. Am attaching it here...

Once again, thanks for your time and effort!
  • tpartner
More
8 years 7 months ago #123774 by tpartner
The attached survey works as expected for me in LS 2.06. The ranking question has min 5, max 5 answers and is set to non-mandatory - if I rank 5 answers, I can proceed without warnings, otherwise the expected warning appears.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #123796 by holch
Like Tpartner: Works as expected. When selected 5 responses, I can get through. When chosen more or less I get the correct error message.

- Might be obvious, but sometimes we overlook the simple things: You are aware that there is a second question on the page and if you don't answer it you will get an error message (if it is mandatory).
- What template are you using? If it is a standard template that comes with Limesuvey: has it been modified at some point?
- Upgrade to the latest Limesurvey version (I tested it with the latest version).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nandan
  • nandan
  • nandan's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #124398 by nandan
Hello,

I upgraded to the latest version and that seemed to do the trick! Thanks a lot for your help!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose