Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Please use the LimeSurvey navigation buttons or index. It appears you attempted

More
4 years 11 months ago #181981 by jelo
I have another case in the German forum.
When answering a LimeSurvey question with a video via the Samsung Internet Browser the error is shown when clicking the forward / submit button.

What is the trigger of the error routine "Please use the LimeSurvey navigation buttons or index."?

Might be good to be able to deactivate this error routine per survey / per question.

Even if the issue is triggered by a bug in the browser it might be better to let the survey flow.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 11 months ago #181991 by DenisChenu

jelo wrote: I have another case in the German forum.
When answering a LimeSurvey question with a video via the Samsung Internet Browser the error is shown when clicking the forward / submit button.

Even if the issue is triggered by a bug in the browser it might be better to let the survey flow.

Without ajax mode ?
A bug on browser can not really do this (we never have such error before 3.X).

If it's happen without ajaxmode : i'm happy to have the survey and the vodeo .
Some error with expression manager can do this maybe …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
4 years 11 months ago #181995 by jelo

DenisChenu wrote: Without ajax mode ?

Yes, even without AJAX. But the issue is limited to the Samsung Internet Browser.

Looks to me like the detection of the browser button usage is messed up after the videoplaying component got the focus. I would like to see a way to disable this detection routine. If most of your survey participants use such a browser it would be a good thing to make LimeSurvey a bit less clever.

I translated the important parts from the German thread and will inform the threadstarter about this ticket too. bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=14666

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
More
4 years 9 months ago #185391 by vs_arni

Mazi wrote: Please test your survey at our demo which always runs the latest version: demo.limesurvey.org/admin

There can be several reasons for this issue. If you are lucky it is just a minor bug which is fixed at the latest version.

Which exact link do you use to start the survey?

Hi, I have the same problem, after the first screen it tells me; "Please use the survey navigation buttons or index. It appears you attempted to use the browser back button to re-submit a page."; but:
- this always happens with this survey (attached) and not with others I tested
- I have activated/disactivated the survey; used other browser; exported/reimported survey: it happens
- the survey was ok some weeks ago, I utilized it with external respondent; this problem came to me today
- I tested on your demo site and the survey was ok, but... my LS is Version 3.17.4 and yours is Version 3.17.3!!

Thanks,
Arnaldo.
  • tpartner
More
4 years 9 months ago #185394 by tpartner
Did you try disabling AJAX in the survey theme options?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 9 months ago #185399 by DenisChenu

vs_arni wrote: Hi, I have the same problem, after the first screen it tells me; "Please use the survey navigation buttons or index. It appears you attempted to use the browser back button to re-submit a page."; but:
- this always happens with this survey (attached) and not with others I tested

Then it's totally unrelated with this topic …

But the issue is limited to the Samsung Internet Browser.

Why you didn't create a new topic ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
More
4 years 9 months ago #185421 by vs_arni
Yes, I apologize. Something has gone wrong with my post/reply. I will crate a new topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 9 months ago #185434 by DenisChenu

vs_arni wrote: Yes, I apologize. Something has gone wrong with my post/reply. I will crate a new topic.

It's OK :).

I answer you on the topic :)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose