Survey Responses Shows Expression Rather Than What the User Selected

Mehr
4 Monate 2 Wochen her #179119 von nh905
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_CREATED_NEW
I am running Version 3.15.5+181115. I have a 'ranking' question where respondents select up to three options from a list. I have a follow-on 'ranking' question where they get to pick at most one from what they selected in the first question. I created the answer options for the second question using expressions similar to "{G2Q1_x.shown}".

Everything works fine from the respondents perspective but when I look at the submitted response, the answer to the second question contains the expression, rather the substituted text (see attachment). I am seeing this in 'Display responses' and when I export the data ('Full Answers').

Is there a way to get the submitted response text? I can work around the problem by post-processing the exported data but that could introduce errors.

Thanks, Norbert
Anhang:

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

LimeSurvey Partners
Mehr
4 Monate 2 Wochen her #179120 von DenisChenu
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_REPLIED_NEW
Yes, but you need to create 3 equation question for this.

For the 1st rank ,create equation and put inside {RANK_1.shown}.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand .
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Mehr
4 Monate 2 Wochen her #179129 von nh905
Hi Denis, I think I did that. The first 'ranking' question (G2Q1) has a bunch of static answer options. The second 'ranking' question has three answer options which reference the 0-3 options that the respondent selected. I attached a screenshot of the second question definition. When someone completes the survey, the resposne saved in the database is one of the expressions, rather than the question 1 options that the expressions point to.

I freely admit that I am very new to Expression Manager, so I may be missing something obvious.

Thanks, Norbert
Anhang:

Mehr
4 Monate 2 Wochen her #179138 von nh905
I attached an export of a simple survey that demonstrates the issue. Everything looks fine when the respondent completes the survey, but the saved data for the second question is a pointer to the answers to the first question.
Anhang:

Mehr
4 Monate 2 Wochen her #179145 von DenisChenu
No, you don't

Dateianhang:

Dateiname: limesurvey...tion.lss
Dateigröße:23 KB

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand .
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Anhang:
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: nh905

Mehr
4 Monate 1 Woche her #179157 von nh905
Hi Denis, thanks for the working survey example. I created a bunch of hidden questions of type Equation to resolve the computed answer options and the survey is going live shortly. I also found the section in the manual under the Expression Manager. I think the wording could be clarified and emphasised to avoid the LimeSurvey user from expecting that 'what you see is what you get'.

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha