Registration and tokens

Mehr
4 Monate 2 Wochen her #168109 von lyndsiesal
lyndsiesal erstellte das Thema Registration and tokens
Hello! I recently switched to Lime from a paid subscription and it's great. So far I have managed to create my templates and two surveys to my liking but I'm stuck. I don't fully understand tokens and the registration process. Basically, I do not want my surveys to be public but to be accessible through a URL with registration. I would like to be able to send the link via email or wherever I share it and then the participant enter their email address to proceed. Any help is appreciated. I've gone through the manual and I'm just not finding the info. Thanks!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

Mehr
4 Monate 2 Wochen her #168111 von Joffm
Joffm antwortete auf das Thema: Registration and tokens
Hi,

I would like to be able to send the link via email

So you know the participants?

Then you should create a participants table, and enter their name (or dummy) and email, best by csv-file.
https://manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participants#Import_participants_from_a_CSV_file

After creating a token just send out the invitation and the participants can enter the survey with the sent link.
https://manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participants#Invitations_.26_reminders

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Mehr
4 Monate 4 Tage her #168647 von lyndsiesal
lyndsiesal antwortete auf das Thema: Registration and tokens
Thank you, Joffm. I'm still having a hard time with this. I uploaded a CSV with the participants, created a token, but when I try to send an email invite I get this.
Warning
There were no eligible emails to send. This will be because none satisfied the criteria of:

having a valid email address
not having been sent an invitation already
having already completed the survey
having a token

Mehr
4 Monate 4 Tage her #168648 von lyndsiesal
lyndsiesal antwortete auf das Thema: Registration and tokens
Ideally I would like to simply have a url to my survey and send that via my third party email/newsletter service but I don't fully understand this token access setup.

Mehr
4 Monate 4 Tage her - 4 Monate 4 Tage her #168653 von holch
holch antwortete auf das Thema: Registration and tokens
OK, so first of all I think we need to clarify the basics and you are once talking about creating tokens, then you don't want to, etc.

So there are different options on how to provide access to your survey:
- A public survey: this means that anyone who has the link can access the survey, no restrictions. This is good when you don't know who your respondents are and you want to allow anyone to participate that has the link. So the link could be shared via email, social media, you name it. You have no control over who responds and who your respondents are, because the link can be shared by others, etc.
- Closes survey: This means people need to have the token to be able to participate. A token is like a little individual and unique code. So if someone accesses your survey they need to put the token or if you send individualized links the token can be already included in the link. Tokens can have one or more uses. Standard is one, which means once the survey has been completed with this token, it can not be completed again.

So now in your case: you want to send your survey via your normal email marketing tool to respondents. So far so good. But: do you want to allow everyone to participate? Then you can send just the normal survey link of a open survey. No need to use tokens. But you will not know who answered what, there is no way to connect results with the person (only if you ask who they are in the survey).

If you know who your participants are, the best way is to create a closed survey with individualized links. Your error message sounds like you did not create the CSV file correctly. The best way to do so is to create one user with token and everything in the system, then export this token table to CSV, have a look at the structure and build your CSV based on that. You probably did not use the correct headers or something. If you want to, you can post an example of your CSV here (e.g. a screenshot with the personal data of the respondents like name, email, etc. blurred), so we can have a look at what went wrong.

Now if you want to send individualized links, but with your own system, this is also possible, you just can't use the bounce system and the reminders. There is an example in the manual on how to create a a list of individualized links with excel ( manual.limesurvey.org/Tokens/en#A_tip_fo...de_the_token_already ). You can feed these links into your Email system then.

But first of all, it would be important that you explain clearly what your ideal approach would be and we can suggest options from there. You are jumping back and forth and it is not clear for us, what you have, what you need, etc.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
Letzte Änderung: 4 Monate 4 Tage her von holch.

Mehr
4 Monate 4 Tage her #168659 von tammo
tammo antwortete auf das Thema: Registration and tokens
After you upload the CSV, you will have to generate tokens. Maybe you did not do this yet?

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Tools for Research
Proud developers of the TFR Responsive Limesurvey template
toolsforresearch.com/limesurvey-responsive-template

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha