Define a text string to use as a placeholder

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Tag her #174005 von richardoben
richardoben erstellte das Thema Define a text string to use as a placeholder
Is it possible to define a string of text (not something the survey respondent enters) that can then be accessible via the placeholder fields selection list when creating survey questions?

I want to be able to use the text in multiple locations within a group of questions and only have to change it in one location.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Tag her #174010 von holch
holch antwortete auf das Thema: Define a text string to use as a placeholder
You can use an equation type question. I guess you can just put text in it, without any expression, formula or anything. You can then access this text via Expression Manager and pipe it into other questions. Just hide the equation question with "Always hide" in the settings of this question.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: DenisChenu

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Tag her #174011 von richardoben
richardoben antwortete auf das Thema: Define a text string to use as a placeholder
Thank you for the quick response. I was reading through the manual trying to figure out how to do this, and it looked like I may be able to accomplish this by using an equation question type, but I can't figure out how to make it work.

Specifically, where exactly am I supposed to put the text string and what format does it need to be in?

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Tag her #174012 von holch
Why not simply trying it?
1. Create an equation type question.
2. Write your text string just as text. No special format, nothing. It will be stored in the equation question.
3. Hide this question via "always hide"
4. access the question via {questioncode} anywhere in the survey.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: DenisChenu, richardoben

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Tag her #174013 von jelo
jelo antwortete auf das Thema: Define a text string to use as a placeholder

richardoben schrieb: that can then be accessible via the placeholder fields selection list when creating survey questions?

holch explained the correct approach.

Most of us seem to not use the field selection list in the editor.
So you might won't find your equation question in the selection list.
What version of LimeSurvey is used?

Are you a student conducting a survey? If yes, tell me why you use LimeSurvey?
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/116...y-you-use-limesurvey

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Tag her #174015 von richardoben
richardoben antwortete auf das Thema: Define a text string to use as a placeholder
Thanks again for the quick response.

I did try a few things, none of which worked, which was the reason for my question in this forum. However, I tried what you suggested above and it worked! Thank you!

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Tag her #174017 von holch
> I did try a few things, none of which worked,

Just for the future: If this is the case, please post what you have tried already and what was the result.

This will avoid that we post solutions that you have already tried. E.g. I posted the basic solution. If you would have tried this already (and for some reason it didn't work) we would have lost time on the way to find a solution. Sometimes it doesn't work because there is a bug, a misconfiguration or just an error in your code.

Good to know that it finally worked for you.

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha