Average Results with N/A answers using expressions and assesments

Mehr
1 Monat 2 Wochen her - 1 Monat 2 Wochen her #161310 von maxHal
maxHal erstellte das Thema Average Results with N/A answers using expressions and assesments
Hi! I have had a good luck around and found a few threads that begin to explore this. But nothing that seems clear to my beginners level of knowledge. I hope readers will forgive my newbie ignorance.

I have a number of groups of questions (varying number of questions per group) but all questions are 'List with Comment' type (drop down presentation).

All questions have the same answers (1-5) and I have assigned assessment values to them.

A1 100 Gold
A2 66 Silver
A3 33 Bronze
A4 0 Fail
A5 0 N/A

For each group I have added an expression. And I can average the group, no problem. If I hard code the number group questions.

Where there are 4 questions in the group...
{sum(q1.value,q2.value,q3.value,q4.value) / 4}

(which gives me a percentage)

But obviously this doesn't give a correct average if a user selects answer 5 for 1 or more questions.

I know I need to return the number of group questions (count?) but I am unsure how to do this :) How do I achieve this?

Thanks.

Max
Letzte Änderung: 1 Monat 2 Wochen her von maxHal.

Bitte Anmelden um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

Mehr
1 Monat 2 Wochen her #161319 von tpartner
tpartner antwortete auf das Thema: Average Results with N/A answers using expressions and assesments
Try this:

{sum(q1.value,q2.value,q3.value,q4.value) / sum(if (q1 == 'A5', 0, 1), if (q2 == 'A5', 0, 1), if (q3 == 'A5', 0, 1), if (q4 == 'A5', 0, 1))}

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: maxHal

Mehr
1 Monat 2 Wochen her #161322 von maxHal
maxHal antwortete auf das Thema: Average Results with N/A answers using expressions and assesments
Thanks! The 'if's' worked out perfectly. :)

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha