Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Only display the answer options in ranking if answer in array is in first column

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #171270 by kaugurs
Thanks, Joffm for your input,
but this doesn't really suit me.
The groups make a lot of sense 'cuz I have 24 buildings and I need to ask several different type questions about each of them. One question asks if you want to nominate it for the contest.
The final group should allow you to sort among those you have nominated.

Doing it Q by Q would multiply the length of the survey by a factor of 5 (24 X 5 = 120 questions).

Just to make it clear, DID YOU get the result by maintaining the group structure?
In my experiments, 2 groups work fine (picking options in 1 and sorting in the other), but when you have 2 or more groups to mark options and the third to sort them, it all brakes down.

Has anyone tried the JavaScript method?
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by kaugurs.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 8 months ago #171271 by kaugurs
In fact, it all actually works perfect, with that 1 glitch --> It almost skips over the SORTING question.
I'm thinking of a rude workaround: 1) Make SORTING mandatory, 2)add simple text MSG "Please push NEXT button", and 3) VIOLA! It shows up nicely after the warning message. :)
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 8 months ago #171272 by Joffm
Hi,

what I'd said, is:
Either ...
Or Create a new group G2, where you put the ranking question.
So group G1 only contains the not visible question and the equation.

See here:

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...6119.lss
File Size:39 KB

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
More
5 years 8 months ago #171273 by kaugurs
Oh, sorry! I did not get that immediately.
THANK YOU A LOT! It works perfectly.
More
5 years 4 months ago #176488 by murphyme
joffm: Thanks so much for your sample.
Anyone: If my first question is a drop-down list instead of an array, would my equation look like this instead?: {M1_SQ001=(if(Q1.NAOK=="A1","Y",""))}
  • tpartner
More
5 years 4 months ago #176502 by tpartner
Did you test it?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
5 years 4 months ago #176766 by murphyme
For any non-programmers like myself out there, the answer to my question is "yes."

There are two issues with joffm's solution that can't be worked around from what I can tell, and they both relate to scale:
* In the survey's general settings, the Format must be set to question-by-question. Group-by-group will not work. Anyone who has developed advanced surveys will know that group-by-group is an important feature.
* If you download and preview joffm's survey, you'll see that even though the "hidden" rank options don't appear, the survey still maintains the space for them within the control's frame. Similar to CSS property visibility: hidden versus display: none. Several hidden options are fine, but at some point the amount of white space is too much.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose