• olle2
  • olle2s Avatar Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
1 Jahr 9 Monate her #142470 von olle2
olle2 erstellte das Thema How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y
Instructions on how to pick 8 random questions from a bucket of 50 questions:

create two groups: one with 8 question and one with 42
hide the second group (relevance equation = 0)
then make sure all 50 questions are part of _the same_ randomization group
the questions will get random order _between_ the two groups
and since the second group is hidden, it will be like picking 8 question out of a bucket of 50

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

Mehr
1 Jahr 9 Monate her #142494 von tpartner
tpartner antwortete auf das Thema: How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y
Nice, thanks Olle.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Mehr
1 Jahr 9 Monate her #142497 von jelo
jelo antwortete auf das Thema: How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y
Is this workaround based on a stable behavior or is it based on a bug? Is that indented behavior?
Would save many lines of EM code from the current way to do it, right?
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager..._of_the_questions.29

Mehr
1 Jahr 9 Monate her #142565 von ollehar
ollehar antwortete auf das Thema: How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y
It's based on stable behaviour.

Mehr
1 Jahr 9 Monate her #142567 von ollehar
ollehar antwortete auf das Thema: How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y
Carsten's idea, I'm just writing it down so it won't be forgotten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 7 Monate her #145083 von aleksandr
aleksandr antwortete auf das Thema: How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y
Thanks for the tip! Exactly what I was looking for.

The only problem is that I want to generate a printable forms and "relevance equation = 0" is being ignored for it.

Is is possible to make this work for printing forms by modifying template files?

Mehr
7 Monate 3 Wochen her #161101 von GlaucoRoschel
GlaucoRoschel antwortete auf das Thema: How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y
Hi Olle2,

I've tried to follow these instructions but for me doesn't work well. I will explain.

I created 2 groups just a test.

1. Group as:
Title: GRAMMAR (43)
Description: You will have 3 questions to answer.
Relevance: 1
Randomization group: GRAMMAR
This group I created 3 questions.

2. Group as:
Title: GRAMMAR (50)
Relevance: O
This group I created 4 questions.

So, when I make a test, always appears the same 3 questions regarding the Group 1 and never regarding from the Group 2. I already tried to fill up the information using different user but doesn't work. Please, can you help me?

Mehr
7 Monate 3 Wochen her #161106 von ollehar
Hi,

Feel free to attach your survey so other people can inspect it.

Mehr
7 Monate 3 Wochen her #161107 von ollehar
OBS: The questions will also have to be part of a randomization group, not just the groups.

Mehr
7 Monate 2 Wochen her #161114 von holch
holch antwortete auf das Thema: How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y
As Olle says: The questions need to have the same "randomization group name", not the question groups. What you currently seem to do is just randomize the order of the two question groups, not the questions within these groups.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #163263 von ferdeng
ferdeng antwortete auf das Thema: How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y

GlaucoRoschel schrieb: Hi Olle2,

I've tried to follow these instructions but for me doesn't work well. I will explain.

I created 2 groups just a test.

1. Group as:
Title: GRAMMAR (43)
Relevance: 1
This group I created 3 questions.

2. Group as:
Title: GRAMMAR (50)
Relevance: O
This group I created 4 questions.

So, when I make a test, always appears the same 3 questions regarding the Group 1 and never regarding from the Group 2. I already tried to fill up the information using different user but doesn't work. Please, can you help me?

I have the same problem, actually. Tried every combination, but the only thing that happens is that the question of the relevance=1 group show up randomly (or not). Not the other questions. Could someone upload an example how this works? That would be very cool! Thank you in advance.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #163272 von tpartner
tpartner antwortete auf das Thema: How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y
LimeSurvey version?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #163281 von holch
holch antwortete auf das Thema: How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y
Did you give the same randomization group name to all questions? From your description you seem to give the randomization group name only to groups. But you don't want to randomize the groups, you want to randomize the questions. I know it is confusing that there are question groups and that there are randomization groups and they are totally different things.

First of all: Take everything out of the randomization group field for the two QUESTION groups. Give the two QUESTION groups different names (you called them both "Grammar"). Then give all the questions in the two question groups the same name in the "randomization group name".

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her - 5 Monate 2 Wochen her #163282 von holch
If that instruction doesn't work: Upload what you have done as an example (please only these two question groups that are relevant for this issue).

Much better for the helpers if you do an upload of your problem, rather than us to create an example and upload. We do this all in our spare time and the easier you make it for us to help you, the better.

Letzte Änderung: 5 Monate 2 Wochen her von holch.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #163315 von ferdeng
ferdeng antwortete auf das Thema: How to pick x random questions from a bucket of y
Here it comes. So I want that every participants gets 1 random question - that's why I created 1 group with 1 question and another one with 2 questions - so it should be picked out of a pool of 3 questions.

Thanks in advance! I use Version 3.1.0+180124
Anhang:

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha