Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Once a survey is closed, all that data is lost if not first exported correct?

• bscsimctr
  • bscsimctr's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #135230 by bscsimctr
Have a staff member who wishes to view, if possible, older data.
we always export the information prior to shutting down a survey. however, they realized data can be exported as SPSS (only just now after a few years of collecting information) - although not sure how it would really have changed what data they could potentially use. Most of the input information is "custom"/free text - very little numerical/rated data.

Any how. fairly certain once a survey is closed, the table for that survey is deleted from the database.

thanks in advance
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 11 months ago #135232 by holch
Almost correct. Once the survey is closed the data is moved to a different database table (archived). In theory you can get the data back as long as this archive is not deleted.

Have a look in the manual or also here in the forum. There are many that have "lost" their databa because the did not expire the survey, but close it. You should be able to find solutions how to get the data back. Last option: get it directly from the mysql database.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
7 years 11 months ago #135233 by holch
One other thing: if you activate the survey again, from a certain LS version onwards, it should offer you the option to import old result tables. Maybe try this first.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
7 years 11 months ago #135255 by tpartner
See "How can I restore data from a deactivated survey?" - manual.limesurvey.org/General_FAQ#How_ca...eactivated_survey.3F

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose