Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

End redirect is not working on mobile version of ubuntu orange template

• DanielVN
  • DanielVN's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #163785 by DanielVN
Hi,

I have a study which is running on ubuntu orange template and i'm currently using lime version 2.73. Once the respondent finishes the questionnaire it redirected via the script below:

<script>
(function() {
var sid = '{SID}', token = '{TOKEN}', lang = 'bg', status = 'COMPLETED';
window.location.href = " vnmarketresearch.eu/insite.php?points=7&sid= " + sid + '&token=' + token + '&lang=' + lang + '&status=' + status;

})();
</script>

to end page with short description where he is notified about the incentive that he will receive.

This is working properly when I have tested on my laptop and tablet via Chrome, but when I have tested it on my mobile devices (htc10 and huawei) the redirected didn't worked (i have my Javascript enabled on my mobile browser).

Could you please advise if this is something related to the template (i assume that this might be connected wit the mobile version of the template)?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
Daniel
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 2 months ago #163786 by jelo

DanielVN wrote: This is working properly when I have tested on my laptop and tablet via Chrome, but when I have tested it on my mobile devices (htc10 and huawei) the redirected didn't worked (i have my Javascript enabled on my mobile browser).

You should state the browsers used on the mobile devices. Redirection is getting more and more limited. I don't think the "mobile mode" of the theme is the issue.

Is the LimeSurvey installation on the same domain as the redirection target?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DanielVN
  • DanielVN's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #163791 by DanielVN
Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick feedback.

Regarding the mobile browser i was using Chrome as well to test.

The limesurvey installation is on the same target as the redirect. The redirect is actually pointing to the same survey and the purpose of the redirect script is to assign status of the respondent and to incentive the respondent.

My assumption for the mobile mode is due to the fact that the redirect is working properly on both tablet and laptop when the non mobile version is loaded.

Thank you.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 2 months ago #163793 by holch
why don't you use the Limesurvey Endurl feature with automatic redirect? What happens if you use this?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
6 years 2 months ago #163798 by jelo
[quote="DanielVN" post=163791The redirect is actually pointing to the same survey.[/quote]insite.php isn't looking like a limesurvey part? What is the content of insite.php?

What exactly happens in the chrome browser on the mobile devices? Error message? URL rewritten?
My approach would be to check it with different browsers on the mobile devices first.
Then I would check if redirection to a simple URL is working.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose