Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Domain Aliasing with LimeSurvey CE

• adl2017
  • adl2017's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #157391 by adl2017
Domain Aliasing with LimeSurvey CE was created by adl2017
Hi,

We are using LimeSurvey CE Surveyor Premium 12 and were wondering how we can use LimeSurvey with our own domain.

Thank you!
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 8 months ago #157392 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Domain Aliasing with LimeSurvey CE

adl2017 wrote: We are using LimeSurvey CE Surveyor Premium 12 and were wondering how we can use LimeSurvey with our own domain.

LimeSurvey CE is the selfhosting edition. So under what domain are you hosting LimeSurveyCE currently? Somebody has to provide you a domain for your current setup. Ask this person directly is the way to go. I would recommend to just use a subdomain of your current domain (eg. survey.yourdomain.tld) for a LimeSurvey installation. That can be easily added without much hassle.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 8 months ago #157393 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Domain Aliasing with LimeSurvey CE
What is "LimeSurvey CE Surveyor Premium 12"? Never heard of that version.

CE indicates that it is the Community Edition, so the self hostet open source edition. But what is Surveyor Premium 12? Never heard of that.

If the survey is selfhosted, you are responsible for the domain aliasing (or your server admin). If you are using the SAAS version hosted by the Limesurvey GmbH, get in touch with them directly via "Contact Us" on this website.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
6 years 8 months ago #157394 by holch
OK, just checked under "Editions & Pricing" and actually found a "LS CE Edition Surveyor Premium 12 Months". Never had heard of that before. I guess it was the comfort update before.

However it is stil the community edition and you are responsible for installation and setup of your installation. You just need to install LS on your server and point your domain to the installation, just as you would with any other website.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• adl2017
More
6 years 8 months ago #157667 by adl2017
Replied by adl2017 on topic Domain Aliasing with LimeSurvey CE
Thank you for the replies! We managed to point our domain to LimeSurvey. However, when we invite participants with emails including the survey URL, the URL is still the original one with LimeSurvey (not with our domain). Where in the settings would we be able to change the surveyURL in invitation emails to the URL with our domain? Thanks again!
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 8 months ago #157692 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Domain Aliasing with LimeSurvey CE
URL is the one you use to access the admin interface.
So access the admin interface with your domain name, and everything will work fine.
  • adl2017
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #157707 by adl2017
Replied by adl2017 on topic Domain Aliasing with LimeSurvey CE
Thank you for the response! We accessed the admin interface with our domain name, but it still displays that the survey URL (under "Survey Summary") is the one with LimeSurvey with our IP address. Then, when we send out invitation emails, the URL is also the one with LimeSurvey. We also noticed that even when we access the admin interface with our domain, once we start working on surveys, the URL automatically changes back to the LimeSurvey link.

Is there something else that we need to do? Thanks!
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by adl2017.
  • holch
More
6 years 8 months ago #157709 by holch
When you say "We managed to point our domain to LimeSurvey." is this just a redirect to the IP, so after the site has loaded the site it still shows the IP?

Because as Tpartner says, if set up correctly, LS will take the URL that was used to access LS as the base URL for everything in LS.

• tpartner
More
6 years 8 months ago #157711 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Domain Aliasing with LimeSurvey CE
**Because as LouisGac says** :)

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
6 years 8 months ago #157712 by holch
Exactly, "Just as Tpartner says" --> "What Louis says...". ;-)

• DenisChenu
More
6 years 8 months ago #157844 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Domain Aliasing with LimeSurvey CE
You can use publicurl manual.limesurvey.org/Optional_settings#Advanced_path_settings in your config array in appication/config/config.php. Used only when limesurvey ask for complete url.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose