Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Install using the Microsoft Stack

• pokeydale
  • pokeydale's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #143736 by pokeydale
Install using the Microsoft Stack was created by pokeydale
Has anybody used limesurvey with the Microsoft Stack? If so, what has been your experience?

Windows Server 2012+
IIS
SQL Server 2008+
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #143745 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Install using the Microsoft Stack
I know that there are people out there that run Limesurvey on a Windows stack. They appear from time to time in the forum.

I think in general it works, but from time to time I see windows related issues coming up. I assume that none of the developers and users that are active in testing and support in the forum have a Windows stack running. So you might run into some issues from time to time.

Question is, why does it have to be the windows stack? I am in no way able to evaluate the Windows vs Linux stack in general. But if a software is mainly developed on one stack, I would always try to go with that.

Are there any advantages of the Windows stack, why would rather use it?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by holch.
  • pokeydale
  • pokeydale's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #143909 by pokeydale
Replied by pokeydale on topic Install using the Microsoft Stack
I would prefer to go to a more Open stack in our deployment. But the powers that be in this organization claim we are a "Microsoft" shop. I do not know what that means, but anything that doesn't run on Windows Server, SQL Server does not fit according to them. So with that being said, that is my restriction/limitation.

If there is anybody who has had experience on this platform, I would appreciate any advice, caution and recommendations.
  • holch
More
7 years 5 months ago #143920 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Install using the Microsoft Stack
I know how this goes.

But as I said, probably not many have this environment running (among our regulars).

But, there are quite a few questions on the forum about the windows stack, so there must be people out there using it. Have a look in the forum and maybe write directly to those that work with a Windows stack. Generally they are not around that often. This can be a good sign (everything runs smooth most of the time) or a bad sign (they have given up... ;-) ).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: pokeydale

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose