Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another

More
3 years 2 months ago #107238 by mascarpone
mascarpone created the topic: Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another
Dear all,

I feel there may not be an easy answer on this but here is our challenge: we have realized that SGQA are "instance specific" and that they will change when re-importing a survey on a different instance of LS.

The problem we have faced with this is related to the automated analysis/reporting features that we have developed around our surveys and that would need to be recoded after each transfer. I realize it is probably not usual to transfer surveys like this. In our case we are openly sharing our work with a bunch of other partner agencies - and as such promoting further the use of LS - and that includes the analysis/reporting scripts. We are therefore looking at a way of getting this "connection" stable.

As anybody faced this issue before and found an elegant way of solvin/working around it?

Cheers!

Mas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #107249 by holch
holch replied the topic: Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another
Of course the SGQA code changes when you import a survey (even on the same instance), because they need to be unique (especially the S = Survey portion). I don't see a way around this. Maybe someone else or one of th developers does, but I do have little hope.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: mascarpone

More
3 years 2 months ago #107267 by byan
byan replied the topic: Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another
I think as long as your survey title and qids remain the same, you should be able to achieve your goal by joining the lime_surveys_languagesettings, question, answer, your survey tables.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #107279 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another
Hi,

Maybe you can use "EM code" in your data anlysi, and have a 'EM code to SGQA' system.

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...dmin/export.php#L682

Better link from code:
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...ort_helper.php#L4437

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Better link from code:

More
3 years 2 months ago #107302 by mascarpone
mascarpone replied the topic: Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another
Thanks all for your replies and suggestions. We will probably move to the solution proposed by Denis and implement some sort of a mapping table between our analysis script and EM Codes so that we may share our work more easily with others!

Merci!

Have you already participated in our survey?

Don't miss your chance to win our valuable prices.

Just click here to start the survey:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now