Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Schedule to send invitation at a later date?

• aaronchow
  • aaronchow's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #184810 by aaronchow
Thank you for your time coding this project as well as reading this message. I searched the forum, but I have trouble understanding the results, so I'm writing a post instead.

Is there a way to schedule an invitation to be sent out at a later date?

I've tried a few things. For example, I specified a value under Publication & Access's Start date/time field, but when I created myself as a participant and "send email invitation," but I received this invitation instantly. I tried installing the sendMailCron plugin and configured the cron to run every minute. However, as soon as I entered myself as a participant, then the cron would kick in and send the email to me right away. I've also tried to specific a value inside a participant's "valid from"field, but I'd still receive the email right away (although LimeSurvey generates an error saying the survey is not yet started).

So I wonder if there is a way for me to schedule a survey to be sent out on a specific date? The reason is that I'm responsible to collect evaluations after each seminar ends. I know who the students will be, and I know when those seminars will end. It will save me a lot of time if I could configure all of the evaluations at the same time, but they would go out only after their seminar ends.

Any comments or helps will be greatly appreciated.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #184813 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Schedule to send invitation at a later date?

aaronchow wrote: I tried installing the sendMailCron plugin and configured the cron to run every minute. However, as soon as I entered myself as a participant, then the cron would kick in and send the email to me right away.

By default sendMailCron use the Start date ( code is here ).

Then maybe you have an issue in your time difference on your server : did you check it ?
Did you set startdate at token creation ? since you set each minutes : if you set it after , maybe it launched before you edit it.

Another things : don't create a cron each minutes …

PS : for testing sendMailCron : the best is to use php cli, not cron … and to add sendMailCronSimulate=1 and sendMailCronDebug=3 to the cli instruction

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: PS
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose