Accessing Database from The UI

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #182903 by skandoi
I want to access the limesurvey database from the Template , is it possible ? . My problem is if any one fill the form (survey ) i want to compare the token of participant from the database before submitting the form so , please suggest me any idea how I achieve this .

Thanks,
subham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LimeSurvey Partners
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #182908 by tpartner
There is no direct way to access the database from within the LimeSurvey GUI.

You would probably need to code a remote PHP script to do that, maybe via the API.

- manual.limesurvey.org/RemoteControl_2_API

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #182911 by skandoi
Actually i want to use API dynamically , can you suggest how I use API dynamically (when the participants fill the form at that time that API will called to check the condition according to my requirements I write the condition ) and where ?
Thanks for reply

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #182921 by tpartner
An AJAX call to the remote PHP script would work but it's too much coding for me to give a working example.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #182923 by skandoi
can you only suggest the location where i write the code . I will try by myself .

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #182925 by tpartner
The AJAX call would be a script in the survey (question source or custom.js file), presumably fired when the form is submitted.

The API call (or SQL query) would be in a remote PHP script accessed via the AJAX call.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!