Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Form with predefined outcome based on points

More
6 years 2 months ago #163667 by yuzi
Hello,

I have a small suvey I need to make which works as follows:

- 100 questions where you give points to 3 defined answers
- At the end we want the sum of all points for the 3 defined answers (for example: 40 A, 20 B, 40C)
- Based on these points we want to serve an outcome / answer / line of text that is predefined

Is this possible? Other conditions like saving/resuming a form and authentication is indeed very possble with LimeSurvey only this one I couldn't find it in the admin section. I presume I have to code some custom PHP code, which is not a problem.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 2 months ago #163692 by holch
This is possible either with Assessments or even better/more flexible with Expression manager. However, it would be important to know how those questions are formated:
-Are they all the same structure?
-What question type are you using?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yuzi
More
6 years 2 months ago #163695 by yuzi
Thanks for the reply! I think indeed that Assesments is the way to go. I see that the Expression Manager is highly flexible, but I think I can go with Assesments, why? Because the questions itself are not linked, only the final answer is based on the given answers.

- Yes they are all he same structure: Question - Dropdown with A, B and C and you can pick one
- I think going with a dropdown/radio is the way to go, because only 1 answer can be given on each question
  • holch
  • Away
More
6 years 2 months ago #163697 by holch
Problem with assessments: the values are not stored in the database. So you either can live with that or you need to use Expression manager to write it into a hidden question.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
6 years 2 months ago #163698 by yuzi
What do you mean the values are not stored in the database?

You mean the answers given?

I don't know if that is required or not. If it is required I can use the Expression Manager to copy?
  • holch
  • Away
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #163701 by holch
No, the final assesment value, the sum of the points collected is not stored in the database. And if you want to count how many times "A" was chosen and how many times "B", then I think the assessment mode will not work for you. Assessment mode will some the points given based on the value set as assessment value, thats about it.

From my point of view, the only way to get something like A = 50, B =34, C=23 is to sum them up in an equation type question with expression manager. At the end of the day what you want to do is to count how often within your 100 questions A, B or C was chosen, correct?

Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by holch.
More
6 years 2 months ago #163703 by yuzi
Aha, okay than I think I need to fiddle with the Expression Manager.

Yes exactly, that is exactly what I want to do.
More
6 years 2 months ago #163723 by yuzi
Can you maybe point me in the right direction in how to do this?

Setting up 3 variables countA; countB; countC; and just add everything after every question is selected?

Do you have an idea in how to achieve this?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose