Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Staff Survey Usage

• JanDear61
  • JanDear61's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #148320 by JanDear61
Staff Survey Usage was created by JanDear61
I would like to use Lime Survey for our annual staff survey (4800 employees).

I appreciate that I will need to sign up for the Professional Hosting Subscription _ Expert to do this, but wandered how we can get this completed as employees do not have an separate email addresses

The majority of the staff work as careers as there is only 2 computers in the care home and only two email addresses.

We can add this as a link to our eLearning system if each employee has a separate Login to the system

If however we were to send the link to the home administrator, could each employee click on the link from the same computer and answer the survey questions.

If possible it would be good to speak to someone before we commit to using this survey system

Jan Dear
Human Resources
Runwood Homes
The topic has been locked.
  • tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
7 years 2 months ago #148326 by tammo
Replied by tammo on topic Staff Survey Usage
You can work with tokens (controlled circulation), but then you need an email address per repondent. In your case this is impossible, as you wrote.

You can also just define the survey and send out links to all employees. There could be the possibility that an employee fills in twice or more. This way you cannot control who has filled in or not.

Depending on the relationship between management and employees, sending out the link to employees or displaying it in a system that only your employees can see, is not completely safe, but still doable. Just do not publish the link, so not others from outside your organisation will be able to click the link.

You can do this with either version of LimeSurvey.

Tammo ter Hark

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 2 months ago #148337 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Staff Survey Usage
4800 employees and 2 computers and 2 email addresses. Wow, haven't seen something like this in a long time. Interesting challenge to run a survey online under those circumstances.

But how do 4800 people access the elearning system if there are only 2 computers? From home?

The preferred option would be a token based approach, because you can avoid people taking part twice. However, as this is a survey with employees you also have to think about their privacy. But you can use tokens with privacy settings. But to be able to use tokens, you would have to have the option to provide individual links to each participant. I guess your elearning plattform does not give you this option?

As Tammo said, you can use the free and open source community version of Limesurvey, but you would be responsible for hosting and installing it on your own servers. You could ask your questions here in the forum and the volunteers would help. There are also many supporters here that will surely help you to setup a survey like this (and with installation/hosting).

Or you go for the SAAS version Limesurvey Professional. In this case, I think it is best to contact the Limesurvey GmbH directly to discuss this: www.limesurvey.org/contact-us
Most of us here in the forum are volunteers and have no commercial connection with Limesurvey GmbH, so we can't help with anything that is specific to the professional services provided by Limesurvey GmbH.

However, we would be happy to help with anything that is purely related to the web application. However, there is no phone support from us here in the forum.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose