Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Nubie - Conditions Designer and Relevance Equation

• minerj
  • minerj's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #111771 by minerj
I'm using Version 2.00. I can build skip conditions on my questions using the Conditions Designer, and I can see how they are reflected in the Relevance Equation box. However, any time I try to edit the Relevance Equation directly after using the Conditions Designer to build the equation initially, the changes are rejected - even something as simple as changing an AND condition to an OR condition. Should I be able to to this (go back and forth between the Relevance Equation and the Conditions Designer)? Are there some gotchas in naming conventions for Questions, Answers, etc. getting in my way?

Any help greatly appreciated.

John Miner
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by minerj. Reason: correct terminology
The topic has been locked.
  • minerj
  • minerj's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #111773 by minerj
Browsing further in the LimeSurvey manual under Setting Conditions / Changes in Version 1.92 it seems I have an answer to my questions. It seems that the translation of a set of conditions to a relevance equation is one way - conditions generate a relevance equation but not the other way around. It appears you cannot make any changes to the relevance equation if there are any conditions set. To modify the relevance equation for a question you must first capture the relevance equation, e.g. in Notepad, delete all its conditions (which will delete the relevance equation), tweak the equation in Notepad and copy it back into the relevance equation box. Be warned that even if you copy back the exact same relevance equation that was originally created by the Conditions Designer, it will not re-create the conditions for you.

I have yet to figure out the naming conventions.

HTH
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by minerj. Reason: correct terminology
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose