Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Change Admin Password

Change Admin Password 5 months 1 week ago #109141

This should be so simple...

After installing Version 2.05+ Build 140520 I'm prompted, with a pop-up, to change the admin password - which I have to admit is a cracking idea given 'admin' 'password' isn't what you'd call secure.

That's where the fun begins... How do you change them? I've gone through the whole UI and there is no where to update it?!

The docs/wiki appear to relate to an older version. The one post I found here on resetting the admin password (closest subject I can find):

www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/installation...dmin-password#105330

Does not quite look the same as mine :-(

After about an hour of trying to accomplish such a simple task I had no option but to delete Limesurvery as it would just be a sitting duck.

This has got to be really easy, right? I've got to be missing something ?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Change Admin Password 5 months 1 week ago #109143

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
The attached screenshot shows the user groups page, not the user page. It's the button left from the user group button.

manual.limesurvey.org/Manage_users

Change Admin Password 5 months 1 week ago #109164

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 259
Hi,
As Jelo said, you can change your admin password from the "user control" tab (or something like that) of the main admin menu.

The most of the time, previous posts in this forum refer to users who can't login to admin interface do do that (forget the password or installation issue)

Let us know if your problem is solved...
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image