Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Sharing a survey with another person

• Helenmd
  • Helenmd's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #114475 by Helenmd
Sharing a survey with another person was created by Helenmd
I know I've asked this before but I can't for the life of me find the thread!

We are currently using version 1.91 + Build 10494.

I have a student user and an instructor user. I'd like to be able to let the instructor see the student user's surveys. Is this possible, or do I need to do this on the actual survey?

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 4 months ago #114481 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Sharing a survey with another person
First of all, version 1.91 is very, very old and not supported anymore. You should really, really think about upgrading, especially as Limesurvey has gone a long way and is so much better today.

Now to your problem: I don't know if this is possible in 1.91, but I think it is. Unfortunately your version is so old that probably no one will have a installation to look this up.

If you are the super-admin, you can give the rights to this survey to the instructor as well. I think the student can also give the right to the instructor, if the student has built the survey.

In 2.05 it is under "Survey properties" (the pencil symbol) and there under "survey permissions".

There you can add an user to the survey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
9 years 4 months ago #114482 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Sharing a survey with another person
And again: Think about upgrading. If you are worried about upgrading your current install: Just setup a new install in parallel and then gradually move everyone to the new install. So everyone can run their old surveys until they are finished without having to worry about a new version.

Then move everyone who will create a new survey to the new system. I think it is well worth it, because of the functionality. And there is also always the security aspect. You are running a software on a server that is probably 4-5 years old and probably hasn't been patched since.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
9 years 4 months ago #114495 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Sharing a survey with another person
Yes, Holch is correct. If you don't want to make the instructor a super-admin, the students can add the instructor as an admin to their surveys. And if they don't, well, then they fail the course :laugh:

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose