Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I use this survey method for determining rankings?

Can I use this survey method for determining rankings? 9 months 3 weeks ago #104390

• zgall1
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi guys. Can someone take a look at the question I posted here - stats.stackexchange.com/questions/84026/...nk-order-of-multiple - and let me know if Lime Survey supports this feature. Thanks!

zgall1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can I use this survey method for determining rankings? 9 months 3 weeks ago #104401

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 828
You could probably accomplish it but it would require extensive use of JavaScript, Expression Manager and relevance.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zgall1

Can I use this survey method for determining rankings? 9 months 3 weeks ago #104408

• zgall1
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the response. Do you know of any commercial survey software that can accomplish this?

Can I use this survey method for determining rankings? 9 months 3 weeks ago #104409

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 828
Nope, sorry.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by tpartner.

Can I use this survey method for determining rankings? 9 months 3 weeks ago #104411

• zgall1
  • Fresh Lemon
No worries. I know there is software that can do it because I once took a survey with that question type but it was a long time ago and I obviously didn't check what software was hosting the survey.

Can I use this survey method for determining rankings? 9 months 3 weeks ago #104414

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 380
Sounds quite a bit like conjoint analysis. And in most cases the design for a conjoint analysis is done before outside of the survey software.

There are different approaches to Conjoint Analysis.

However, yours sounds to be dynamic (so the earlier choises have an impact on the question presentation later on.

But in this case, this can be a really lengthy process, when you have a lot of different choices.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
Donation Image