Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Screen out with many possible "wrong" answers

Screen out with many possible "wrong" answers 1 year 4 weeks ago #100151

• Jukka91
  • Fresh Lemon
Greetings,

first of all: Nice job. LimeSurvey works and works. It is very smooth and one of the nicest survey programs I ever worked with.
Thank you.

But now to my problem.
I have many possible Screen-out-questions with more possible "wrong" answers, e.g.

Which brand do you use?

Brand A -> Quota: 100%
Brand B -> Screen out
Brand C -> Screen out
Brand D -> Screen out
Brand E -> Screen out
Brend F -> Screen out

And the next question nearly the same, only with products and not brands.

The only workaround I see at the moment is to set quotas at 0 for the Answers B to F, but I think this is a very comlicated way, especially if you have more than one question with many possible screen out answers.

Is there a better workaround, just like making quotas exclusive? I know, the manual says no, but maybe there is a trick.

With best regards from Hamburg, Germany,

Jukka91
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Screen out with many possible "wrong" answers 1 year 3 weeks ago #100187

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 806
There is no direct workaround that I know of but if all of the questions are on the same page, you can:

1) Add a radio question to the end of the group and hide it with JavaScript or CSS

2) Add a quota to the hidden question

3) Use JavaScript to interrupt the "Next" function, check the state of the products/brands questions and click the appropriate radio in the hidden question
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
Donation Image