Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do i change the text on certain field labels?

How do i change the text on certain field labels? 2 years 9 months ago #75180

• eadamuk
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi All,

How do I change the text on certain field labels? For example on an File Upload field, I would rather it say "Click here to Upload Resume" rather than "Upload Files" as it does by default.

Also - a more adventurous change, is there a way I can replace the standard naming for 'survey" for 'application' so when I offer save capabilities, its "Save Application" rather than "Save Survey" like it is today?

Is it possible to change these on a per survey basis, or if I change it for one, it will reflect for all the survey's in the system.

Thanks,
Adam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How do i change the text on certain field labels? 2 years 9 months ago #75199

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 869
Hello,

You can use your own translation , but your modification disappear after update.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by DenisChenu.

Re: How do i change the text on certain field labels? 2 years 9 months ago #75230

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 829
Some elements can be changed in your template.js file. Those changes would apply to all surveys using that template.

For example, add the following to the end of template.js.
$(document).ready(function() { 
	$('a.upload').text('Click here to Upload Resume');
});
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Donation Image