Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Which universities are using LimeSurvey?

More
13 years 8 months ago #45530 by blurky
Replied by blurky on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
Hi,

At the Oxford Internet Institute at the University of Oxford, we've been actively using LimeSurvey for over a year now. We've used this on student projects as well as quarter-million pound cross national studies.

I also have colleagues using LimeSurvey in Canada (Dalhousie and University of Toronto, in separate studies of networks of excellence of scholars). They have been able to do some neat network analysis methods in limesurvey, although we both still admit that the software can be a bit limited, we're both happy about the open source features, which allow for some nice customization.

Bernie Hogan
Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute
University of Oxford
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #46007 by rrebollo
Replied by rrebollo on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
Griffith University's eResearch Services is using LimeSurvey to support the creation and management of surveys for research-based projects.

prodsurvey.rcs.griffith.edu.au/doco/
More
13 years 7 months ago #47035 by lukasgaertner
Replied by lukasgaertner on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
Some students of Vienna University for business administration and economics (WU Wien) use it for their diploma thesis.
More
13 years 6 months ago #47504 by PeterDr1
Replied by PeterDr1 on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
Hi,
Have just rejoined the forum after a long absence.

I have been using Lime Survey for the last 2 years at the University of Sydney in Australia. Initially it was to allow me to run student surveys and now it is being used for a range of other surveys or staff, students and by research students. I was able to negotiate central server space for it so it is available across the university. We have now run dozens of surveys with it across a number of faculties.

Access to the server and files behind the scenes has been difficult at times due to security protocols but Lime Survey has worked very well. I understand that the Psychology school has been using the earlier PHP surveyor for some time (they have their own server)
More
13 years 6 months ago #47616 by theonlymac
Replied by theonlymac on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
School of Computing, University of South Africa. LimeSurvey rocks!! Easy to use, although the add questions icon can be moved to a more prominent location on a main tool bar. Just a usability issue for first time users....
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #47955 by frankieh
Replied by frankieh on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
For the record, the UWA Business school uses Limesurvey and several other UWA departments use it. (I know because I run it.)

(UWA = University of Western Australia)

cheers

Frank
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by frankieh.
More
13 years 6 months ago #47972 by adywp
Replied by adywp on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
Hasanuddin University, Makassar, Indonesia ( unhas.ac.id )
My Name is Ady from Info.Center Dept.
Just using this gem recently for New Student Evaluation Program.
Its a tough job @ first but got many support especially from mazi and shnoulle.
i think i will give a recommendation for donation to my institution (when this first project finish)
So, keep the good work...
More
13 years 5 months ago #49411 by ligtvoet
Replied by ligtvoet on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
Also Delft University of Technology - faculty of Technology, Policy and Management - are using LimeSurvey. In a course on Data analysis we are teaching students to set up surveys and analyse the data.

As we require each student to hand it at least 20 completed surveys, we used the nifty trick somewhere posted on this forum to hand out tokens to each student individually, but allow for multiple use of the same token. This way we can easily track who has done their part of the assignment.
More
13 years 5 months ago #50065 by sociolog
Replied by sociolog on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
I am working for the University of Bucharest on a research project concerning sociology graduates. I persuaded my colleagues to use Limesurvey as the survey software and the questionnaire is almost complete. I also persuaded them to make a small donation. :) I hope it will be further used
More
13 years 4 months ago #52221 by bryancassady
Replied by bryancassady on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
We are using it and the KU Leuven (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven)
It actually works better than the paid version alaternative we have (Apian Surveypro)
More
12 years 11 months ago #58606 by cihany
Replied by cihany on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
Hi there all,
We, as the Middle East Technical University of Turkey, have been using LimeSurvey as a central survey tool in a test environment, for a couple of months. We have received nice feedback from our users and been planning to extend the use of it to whole university. Thanks for your effort!

Kind regards.
More
12 years 11 months ago #58723 by kjcole
Replied by kjcole on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
Hi,

I'm a research applications programmer for the Gallaudet Research Institute at Gallaudet University and a long-time advocate of FOSS, particularly in education. I had heard about Lime Survey a while back (actually, I think when it was under its former name) but never got around to installing until yesterday.

While it's still a bit early to tell, I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose