Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: Subset of answer options?

Subset of answer options? 5 Monate 2 Wochen her #106843

• blacknail
  • blacknails Avatar
  • Junior Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 1
1. I really think I'm not being able to simplify my explanations, sorry for that. Recapitulating:

1.1. I have 20 items that basically are the different levels of 8 different factors;

1.2. From that 20 items, I have chosen 18 profiles (predefined combinations of 8 different factors' levels) that I find interesting to present to respondents;

1.3. In each screen I will present 4 of these profiles to the respondents, as the previous screenshots demonstrate. These 4-profile combinations are also predefined, as I pointed out before.

As you can see, this would be much more clean, tidy and professional if I had different lists/arrays for each type of combinations: a first list with the 20 items, another one with the 18 profiles (combinations) based on the first one, and a third one with the 4-profile combinations (based on the second list). That way, e. g. if I have to change the phrasing for some items, that would be automatically reproduced in the questions' presented to the respondents, and of course it would save a lot of time and be much more error proof. The way I'm currently implementing this is much more primitive and "handmade", and also easily inconsistent, because I have to change in each question all the items I use there, and they are repeated a lot of times among questions. If I was not clear enough, I think I can make some kind of scheme to illustrate it ;]

2. I understood from the beginning your point on universities, many of them are using LS but few or none are actually investing on using their computer science students to help expanding LS, which would benefit everyone, LS of course, the universities and also the students with more knowledge and a practical way of putting their knowledge "in the field". Even (web) design students could contribute with new templates, etc.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
  • Seite:
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.126 Sekunden
Donation Image