Are you living within the EU? Do you want to live and work in a big and beautiful German city? We are an established and growing open source software development company that has been developing the open source software LimeSurvey since 2003. LimeSurvey is currently the world's most widely used open-source software for surveys with an estimated 70,000 active installations. To speed up the continued development of LimeSurvey in the future, we are looking for dedicated individuals to join our small team of developers who are true believers in free open source software, ideally with past experience on open source projects.
What you will do:
- Further development of the LimeSurvey software by developing new modules
- Refactoring the existing code and frontend
- Modularization of the software
- Maintenance and development of existing LimeSurvey services, such as developing a payments gateway, relaunching existing services, etc.
- Creating and launching new services related to LimeSurvey
What you need to bring:
- Sound knowledge of PHP (with emphasis on Yii Framework and OOP) and MySQL
- Practical experience with Apache, nginx, Cherokee, Joomla desired
- Ideally experience in open source software
- Solid spoken and written skills in English
- Independent, reliable and structured way of working
- Dedicated, accountable work style
What we offer:
- Varied, interesting and challenging tasks, the chance to work with a growing team, room for creativity and your own ideas, as well as an appropriate salary package
- Great office in Hamburg-Winterhude
- Sufficient space and opportunities for development
- Planned as a full-time position, but we are open to other arrangements
Discuss this article in the forums (1 replies).
The Semester of code event was created by a number of European universities and the purpose of the Semester of Code is to develop students engagement with and appreciation of being a part of the free software and open source communities.
We are looking forward to any students applications from the VALS organizations.
Sounds interesting? Check out the VALS Semester of Code homepage.
Discuss this article in the forums (2 replies).
Most of you might have already noticed that we starting releasing 2.05+ builds recently. LimeSurvey 2.05 is a strong step forward regarding plugin-capability to extend your LimeSurvey with your own functions. The whole plugin concept is still in its childhood and some function might be missing still but we are looking forward to any community contributions which help to extend the current functionality. Also the new version will set new limits on question codes to ensure integrity and prepare for bigger changes to come with 2.1 and 2.2.
Please note that 2.05+ is not yet available on ComfortUpdate as we are ironing out the some minor upgrade issues. It will become automatically available once we are certain that everything update-related is working well enough. Hints and help (bug reports) are always welcome!
Discuss this article in the forums (0 replies).