Note: Due to a few show-stopping bugs we just released an 1.08 alpha2! Please try this new version: Download
The PHPSurveyor development team is happy to announce the release of the alpha version 1.08. This new version offers a wide range of new possibilities for this software and showing you the way the newly built development team just has started related to new features, design and usability. Be aware that with new features we were forced to raise the requirements bar. This release does have the following requirement:
- MySQL 4.1 or higher
- PHP 4.1 or higher with deactivated SAFE_MODE (which is a pretty standard setting)
- Either gettext OR mbstring library installed. (for localizations)
Remember... this is an unstable alpha version. Do not use it for production purposes. However we will be happy about every feedback, suggestion and even bug report. If you need help do not to hesitate to ask in the forums or on IRC .
Now go to the Downloads and get your hands on it... or read the list of new features.
PHPSurveyor 1.0 is the culmination of 6 months of development and bugfixing for PHPSurveyor since the "stable" release of 0.99.
The code itself has only changed slightly. We still tried to raise the stability of the codebase by keeping new features to a minimum. So expect the most stable release of PHPSurveyor ever! However you can expect some nice and shiny features like:
- MySQL 5 compatibility
- Relaying of emails over SMTP server
- Change survey sent/taken from "Y" to the date: When reviewing the tokens display, the fields telling if the survey request was sent, and the survey taken, display a N or Y. This was changed to be the actual date this event took place. This is giving some significant additional information to the survey author. (Patch by Thomas Ringate / tringate!)
- New global option that allows the administrator to specify what is the minimum number of remaining answers in an 'array - flexible' question that must be remaining before repeating the question headings. This avoids that the headings of the question are repeated if only a few answers are remaining. (Patch by Kris Ven !)
Additionally we updated and added new languages which where kindly provided by numerous people:
- Updated slovenian language file
- Updated dutch language file
- Updated french language files & instructions by Sébastien Gaugry
- Updated french language file by Pascal Bastien
- Added croatian language file by Ivana Pavic
- Added Japanese translation by Masaru Ryumae
- Added Greek translation file by Artemis Mendrinos
- Added Romanian translation by Bogdan Anastasiei
- Added Swedish translation of administration by Niklas Andersson
- Updated spanish translation by Juan Rafael Fernàndez
- Updated russian translation by Alexander Shilov
Hope you enjoy this release of PHPSurveyor. Thanks to all the assistance, words of encouragement, suggestions, bug notifications and general help provided by the PHPSurveyor community. Especially we want to thank the people who did donations in the way of contributions to the code or translations - not to forget the one who appreciated PHPSurveyor so much that they donated money to the project. This money will be partially used to implement new features after 1.0. Besides that we are looking forward to your future contributions for further languages, themes and/or patches!
Download now this latest release!