Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Webserver AUTH and LDAP

• Juseanma_117558
  • Juseanma_117558's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #179567 by Juseanma_117558
Webserver AUTH and LDAP was created by Juseanma_117558
Hi all,

I am using webserver authentication and it works fine. Also I can use the LDAP plugin and login with the LDAP credentials (and autocreate accounts), also fine.

No I would need to combine theses two things. Webserver Authentication (SSO)+ automatic account creation when the user is in the LDAP but has no acc yet. I found some interesting ideas in the forum but everything in 2.05 and mostly wit (it seems like) an old version of the AuthLDAP plugin where they could change things in an config file. No there is no config file for the LDAP plugin.

Maybe I miss something, but I tried a lot and did not manage to solve it so I'm looking for some help.

Bye,
efingdmi
The topic has been locked.
  • Juseanma_117558
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #179615 by Juseanma_117558
Replied by Juseanma_117558 on topic Webserver AUTH and LDAP
I think the hook_get_auth_webserver_profile() would be some kind of solution, but I don't get it working. Even looking at some old forum entries, I always get a "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare hook_get_auth_webserver_profile() "
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 month ago #179627 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Webserver AUTH and LDAP
I thin best is to do own plugin,

Copy Authwebserver code, rename the class and the file to MyAuthwebserver, put it in plugins/MyAuthwebserver directory.

And start to hack github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/26...thwebserver.php#L100

Else i don't think hook_get_auth_webserver_profile function exist in core : you can add it in application/config/config.php

Look if you don't have one elsewhere.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juseanma_117558
  • Juseanma_117558
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #179730 by Juseanma_117558
Replied by Juseanma_117558 on topic Webserver AUTH and LDAP
Thanks for the idea, I will give it a try.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose