Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

[plugin] SMTP by user

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu's Avatar Topic Author
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 8 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #156923 by DenisChenu
[plugin] SMTP by user was created by DenisChenu
This plugin allows users to have their own SMTP settings. They can set them in their profile.

Administrators with “Settings & Plugins” permissions can force to use own parameters or not.

When token email was sent: the parameters of the survey owner will be used.

This plugin don't work with 3.0 and up version, and can broke plugin settings access.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: source link update and warning about 3.X
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heinrich
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 2 months ago #161878 by Heinrich
Replied by Heinrich on topic [plugin] SMTP by user
Thank you DenisChenu. This is something I've been looking for a long time.

Is it also possible to override the global settings with this plugin? Background is that using this plugin when sending email invitations or similar works fine. However, adding new administrators or sending out emails to user groups does not work because then again the global settings are used.
  • holch
More
6 years 2 months ago #161896 by holch
Replied by holch on topic [plugin] SMTP by user
I think this is only meant for emails sent to respondents. All other system relevant emails will be probably untouched, which in my opinion makes sense. Why would you give the possibility of sending admin emails that should come from the main system to a normal user that creates surveys?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
6 years 2 months ago #161899 by Heinrich
Thank you for your reply.

We have several users on our limesurvey website. Everyone of them has its own unique email address. Everyone of them is also allowed to add new administrators. Now, lets say, user A has this email address: userA@domain.com. Under global settings we have this email address: superadmin@domain.com

Now, user A wants to add a new administrator. Creating the user works fine, however, the email including the password which is supposed to be sent by limesurvey to the new user is not sent because the email address of user A is userA@domain.com which does not match with the email of the superadmin.

So, if the plugin of DenisChenu was also applied to these global settings then userA could create new users and then when limesurvey would sent the password to the new user it would use the email settings of userA instead of the global email settings which do not work for user A.

If there is any other way to fix this issue I'm more than happy for any hints :)
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 2 months ago #161901 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic [plugin] SMTP by user
There are only beforeTokenEmail event … then only apply for tokens …

If LS core didn't offer the event , i can't use it ;).

I have this project (add beforeEmail event) for 3.0 but no time (or money) to do it (see mantis)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
More
6 years 2 months ago #161904 by Heinrich
Thank you!

That's totally fine. I'm happy that you have created this plugin because it already helps a lot. I just wanted to make clear why it would also be good if one could override global settings and just wanted to ask if this was possible with your plugin.

No matter what, thank you again.
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 2 months ago #161908 by DenisChenu
I don't find the Feature for the gloabl beforeEmail : maybe yyou can make a new feature request and explain why.

More
5 years 3 months ago #177643 by Heinrich
Hello DenisChenu,

sorry for disturbing you again. As far as I can see, the plugin is not working in Limesurvey 3.x . Are there any plans for an update?

Thank you!

Best regards
Heinrich
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 3 months ago #177650 by DenisChenu
No plan currently,

And no 3.X compatibility for now. Since user HTML page are updated, this surely broke (i add form to user page using javascript).

Maybe start with updating this line gitlab.com/SondagesPro/mailing/smtpByUse...r/smtpByUser.php#L21 to
class smtpByUser extends PluginBase

More
5 years 3 months ago #177651 by Heinrich
Good to know. Thank you for your - as always - quick reply! Thanks!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose