Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

reCAPTCHA plugin for LS3

• BilldaCat
  • BilldaCat's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #155655 by BilldaCat
reCAPTCHA plugin for LS3 was created by BilldaCat
For LS3, I'm looking to write a reCAPTCHA plugin to replace the LimeSurvey captcha. I was able to accomplish this successfully in 2.06, but it required a ton of core hacking.

My concern with trying to write a plugin for LS3 is that some people have apparently tried already and failed -- due to not being able to validate the reCAPTCHA response.

See: www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...283-google-recaptcha

I'd certainly like to tackle the problem, I'm just not sure if it's technically possible at the moment given the plugin hooks. I was hoping a develeoper would be able to provide some feedback, confirm/deny if it's do-able, before I start down that route.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 10 months ago #155658 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic reCAPTCHA plugin for LS3
Since we have beforeSurveyPage and beforeControllerAction : you can always reconstruct any page with you own controller

See framagit.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-plugi...endAdminStatitistics for an example (for admin part : admin part is more difficult than public (i think).

LS3 have more views (with or without twig) than LS2.05 or even 2.5X. Then in your controller, you can use :
1. Existing controller (extend the default controller)
2. Existing views
3. Replace some views

Then you can surely : update captcha action ( github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...eyController.php#L73 ) , and maybe just update the function to call .

BUT : limesurvey is old, and we don't use always YII with a clean class, clean views, and little public function.

Else : maybe : you can extend alias and replace the existing alias for all captcha related part (views and action) ?

I didn't know , but i think it can be done.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 10 months ago #155721 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic reCAPTCHA plugin for LS3
I agree we need more modularity for captcha. I don't have time to work on it for now.
At least, you can feel free to make pull request to ls3 so it can handle recaptcha
More
6 years 7 months ago #158680 by ShelleyWard
Replied by ShelleyWard on topic reCAPTCHA plugin for LS3
Hopefully they will make a plug in recaptcha, How the developer here will try to make.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose