Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

arrayTextAdapt : manage your array text question type with dropdown or mask

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #133506 by DenisChenu
New plugin : A plugin to use Array text question withy your need : show dropdown, allow only numeric or integer value.

Allow you to choose label set to be in columln of array text question type. Allow to force numeric or integer question type. Compatibilitity with 2.06 and 2.50 (except for saisieVille). All is done without need of javascript.

- Plugin home page arrayTextAdapt : use array of dropdown in your surveys
- Demonstration, example of system

A screenshot

Contribution and free support on framagit or github .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Title ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch, socius
The topic has been locked.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
7 years 11 months ago #133727 by Mazi
Nice!

Do I get it right that this is an alternative approach to using the famous "Multiple question types in array" workaround?

Can we have columns like
- Name (Text only)
- Email (Text + EM regex validation)
- Gender (drop down)
- Age (numbers only)
- Country (Drop down)

???

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
7 years 11 months ago #133740 by DenisChenu
Hi,

Yes , except for "radio" button. And working in 2.06 + 2.50 actually.
- Name (Text only) : no setting
- Email (Text + EM regex validation) : no setting , must add regexp manually , but it's a good idea to have an "iput type = email" not only for this question type
- Gender (drop down) : yes , see example
- Age (numbers only) : yes , see example
- Country (Drop down) : yes , see example ... but big label set here ... 127 country ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • Maarian_21134
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 10 months ago #134968 by Maarian_21134
This is great, and working well for us in 2.5. Thank you for the great plugin!

We were asked if it was possible to have it work the other way so that you could have a grid where the rows were the options to create a dropdown. In other words, switch between the X-Scale and Y-Scale. I'm guessing based on the documentation it does not but thought I would check in case I missed it.

Thanks!
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
7 years 10 months ago #134975 by DenisChenu
Hi,

No actually it's done only by column.

But review code to have a way to do it by row, or even : do it by cell are possible. I'm unsure if it must be 2 separate plugin or if we have to use same plugin for this.

Contribution are welcome, and you can put enhancement request on I added the label in framagit ( git.framasoft.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-...rrayTextAdapt/labels ) and you always have same label in github.

• Maarian_21134
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 10 months ago #135175 by Maarian_21134
Thanks. I have made some progress in making it by row. I'll be happy to post my changes here or to git or send them to you once we've tested and gotten the bugs worked out on our end. I did want to pass along I found two typos in the original plugin, both in arrayTextAdapt.php

Line 100: You have the variable called Adaptatation and it should be Adaptation (only one ta) which prevents you from going back to None as an option in the Survey Settings.

Line 265 it says .csss instead of .css when including the CSS file (just an extra s)

Hope that helps!
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
7 years 10 months ago #135177 by DenisChenu
Hi Andrew,

Best is to use git if you have issue : github.com/SondagesPro/LS-arrayTextAdapt/pulls or git.framasoft.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-...Adapt/merge_requests .

For : by column : i don't know if it's best to do another plugin or to add this in option .....

• holch
More
7 years 10 months ago #135370 by holch
Just uploaded it to my server and unzipped it and suddenly can't access the plugins page anymore. Deleting the plugin folder solves the problem. Will investigate further.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
7 years 10 months ago #135371 by holch
Don't know what I did differently this time, but now I uploaded it, and the plugin shows on the plugin page.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
  • Away
More
7 years 10 months ago #135448 by DenisChenu
Good to know :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #136698 by lstrange
I am having the same problem holch describes. I load the plugin into the plugins folder, then I can't access the plugins page. I deleted the plugins folder, recreated it, then reloaded my plugins into the folder. Still same problem. I'm getting a 500 error on page.

Running version 2.06+ Build 160129
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #136700 by DenisChenu
[strike]Strange : can you activate debug mode temporary ?[/strike]

Please report issue on github.com/SondagesPro/LS-arrayTextAdapt/issues

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by DenisChenu.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose