Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

moreAccessibility

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu's Avatar Topic Author
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 11 months ago #135507 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic moreAccessibility
Hi Jelo,

cortxdp and me test moreAccessibility with SkeltonQuest, but i think all template can work here.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #135515 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic moreAccessibility

jelo wrote: Is there a certain template which ease accessibility? I am unsure if even every template will allow navigation and answering with keyboard only.

I have recently tested all templates of the Limesurvey Template Shop , here are some more findings:
- Navigation usually always works fine since that action is not template related but supported by Limesurvey by default.
- All questions besides the ranking question should support answering with keyboard if they use the default browser radio buttons/checkboxes.
- For a better accessibility you may want to use question by question survey mode because questions/items suddenly popping up due to conditions may be tricky for handicapped people.
- I am not sure about existing screen reader issues. Has anyone recently tested them?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Mazi. Reason: added info about default browser elements
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 11 months ago #135528 by DenisChenu

- All questions besides the ranking question

Ranking question is totally accessible for screen reader in 2.06. See screenshot for more examplanation. Actually only "map" and "upload" question type are not tested/validated.

suddenly popping up due to conditions may be tricky for handicapped people.

Yes : it's the nreason we need to remove this awfull .hide()/.shown() function in ExpressionManager ....
But .hide/.shown is more for nojs accessibility (see www.filamentgroup.com/dwpe/ ) : screen reader are semi-compatible with .hide/.shown : if the question is after the conditions : it's OK for accessibility.
Issue it : condition after question : this must be tested/improved with more aria.

- I am not sure about existing screen reader issues. Has anyone recently tested them?

You know a societey who test actually plugin + SkeletonQuest. Don't have returned informatiion actually for me.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
More
7 years 11 months ago #135544 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic moreAccessibility

Mazi wrote: I have recently tested all templates of the Limesurvey Template Shop ,

All templates? Isn't TFR part of your shop? How could you navigate in that template?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
7 years 11 months ago #135545 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic moreAccessibility
The popups in Limesurvey should not be the default behavior. I never use them. To keep them off in the default the development will recognize issues when using Javascript popups for workarounds and certain questions more easily. I never understood why popup is default. The browser often allow to prevent display of there popups.

I have installed the plugin. The warning "Some system can not be deactivated" looks a bit awkward.

Any issues with version 2.06lts Build 160417?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 11 months ago #135570 by DenisChenu

More
7 years 5 months ago #144498 by lstrange
Replied by lstrange on topic moreAccessibility
I know this thread primarily focuses on this template and its survey output being accessible and this may likely be a separate topic, but can anyone speak to the accessibility of the Limesurvey admin interface in developing surveys? I have a blind user that is looking to switch to a different survey software and I am checking on the accessibility of Limesurvey. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 5 months ago #144508 by DenisChenu

lstrange wrote: I know this thread primarily focuses on this template and its survey output being accessible and this may likely be a separate topic, but can anyone speak to the accessibility of the Limesurvey admin interface in developing surveys? I have a blind user that is looking to switch to a different survey software and I am checking on the accessibility of Limesurvey. Thanks.

Hi,

I don't think actual version is really accessible, must be tested.

But your right on 2 points:
1. public part and admin part MUST be accessible
2. public and admin part accessibility are really different objectives (not same developper, not same prodution, not same system)

Then : i think the best solution is :
- Open/create a new topic about admin accessibility
- Create bug for admin accessibility if there are (we already fix bug for admin accessibility when it happend : i don't know if 2.5X is better than 2.6 for admin accessibility).

More
7 years 3 months ago #146635 by cortxdp
Replied by cortxdp on topic moreAccessibility
Hi,

I've been testing the 2.5x version without your plugin and I notice the extensive use of aria attributes instead of native tag and attributes. The use of aria-group instead of <fieldset>/<legend> or the use of aria-labeledby instead of <label for=...>. I would have liked that these elements were put in the core instead of a plugin since it's some basic form building practices.

2. Notes on ARIA use in HTML
2.1 First rule of ARIA use
If you can use a native HTML element [HTML51] or attribute with the semantics and behaviour you require already built in, instead of re-purposing an element and adding an ARIA role, state or property to make it accessible, then do so.
www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-aria-in-html-20150521/

I do not want to be rude but I think that it's a step backward in this regard.
I will reactivate your plugin and test it with this version.

Thanks
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 3 months ago #146647 by DenisChenu

cortxdp wrote: I've been testing the 2.5x version without your plugin and I notice the extensive use of aria attributes instead of native tag and attributes. .....

I think 2.5X must not be used for accessibility. It's the reason why i completly rewrite all HTML fror develop/3.0 version, see tinyurl.com/z4fjkt2 , and about label : bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11449

I do not want to be rude but I think that it's a step backward in this regard.

I think same about 2.5X. Hope 3.0 are really beter than 2.5X and 2.6

I will reactivate your plugin and test it with this version.

No need : i know it don't work : framagit.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-plugi.../issues/8#note_41662

More
7 years 3 months ago #146687 by cortxdp
Replied by cortxdp on topic moreAccessibility
It's good to know. Thanks you for your work.

Is there a planned release date for V3.0? I have to know because we have survey release coming and we must be W3C compliant. If possible we would like not to have to patch our survey.

Many thanks
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 3 months ago #146688 by DenisChenu
Hi , Carsten spoke of January for alpha release.

You can do some test on some question type here testing.sondages.pro/answershtml/

The home page are broken currently but question must work

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose