Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : validation group of questions

validation group of questions il y a 4 mois 4 semaines #101775

• luker
  • Portrait de luker
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I have 4 numerical questions, then I need to validate all the answers together. It means sum of values across those questions should not exceed the limit. I have created equation when the sum is calculated, but don't know how to validate the calculation - i.e. how to allow enter next page only when sum is below the limit?
Do you have any hints in that?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Luker
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

validation group of questions il y a 4 mois 4 semaines #101777

• holch
  • Portrait de holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 254
If you use multiple numerical question, you have the option to set a maximum value in the advanced option.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

validation group of questions il y a 4 mois 4 semaines #101794

• luker
  • Portrait de luker
  • Fresh Lemon
Right, but maximum value referring to one question, while I have asked about maximum of the total sum of 4 questions.
Anyway thanks :)

It seems I have found the answer. I have used another question within the group for which I could set validation condition (it was "Multiple choice" in my case) then I have put validation condition checks if sum calculated for all 4 numerical questions is below the limit.

Ps. Don't know why this post is in "Installation & update issues" forum (probably my fault) instead of "Can I do this with LimeSurvey?" if admin could move the topic would be good. Thanks.

validation group of questions il y a 4 mois 4 semaines #101798

• holch
  • Portrait de holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 254
Well, sometimes you can change from 4 different numerical questions to the multiple numerical question format (which in reality can be 4 different numerical questions in one) without a problem and there things are quite easy, because by default you can check the sum of all responses in the multiple numerical question. Of course I understand that sometimes you can't use this format, whatever reason.

But seems like you found a solution. I am currently just not sure how your problem could be solved with a multiple choice question.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.137 secondes
Donation Image