Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

ERROR > Session has expired !

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 5 months ago #69044 by DenisChenu

Mazi wrote: Guys, can you please add these helpful instructions at the <a href=' www.docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?p...tions+for+LimeSurvey '>installation FAQ so other will benefit from your findings as well!?

Thanks!

Shnoulle wrote: PS: wikified : docs.limesurvey.org/Installation+FAQ#Lim...on_has_expired_quot_ before Mazi asking :P

:P

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.
  • Maximilien
  • Maximilien's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #69047 by Maximilien
Wow, that was fast ! And it explains why I didn't see anything before my initial question and discovered that when Mazi told about explaining it in the FAQ :)

Well done Shnoulle ;-)
  • DenisChenu
More
12 years 5 months ago #69049 by DenisChenu

Maximilien wrote: Wow, that was fast ! And it explains why I didn't see anything before my initial question and discovered that when Mazi told about explaining it in the FAQ :)

Well done Shnoulle ;-)

Thanks to you, you corrected before Mazi ask too !!

:)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
12 years 1 day ago #78839 by deeringa
Replied by deeringa on topic ERROR > Session has expired !
Hi all! I am also experiencing this same problem. I am not running Suhosin. I've searched the phpinfo() output for the word, and it's not there. Are there any other known solutions for this? Any other server settings I could try? If absolutely necessary, I can post the phpinfo(), but I'd rather not as I am very wary of posting server settings to a public forum :)
  • holch
More
12 years 23 hours ago #78840 by holch
Replied by holch on topic ERROR > Session has expired !
As long as no one knows which server it is for, I don't see much of a problem.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
12 years 18 hours ago #78860 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic ERROR > Session has expired !
Please also check the server's error log for further hints. Sometimes some settings like MAX_POST_VARS or MEMORY_LIMIT cause similar problems.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #79623 by deeringa
Thank you for your prompt responses, and I appologize for the delay in mine. I didn't get notified of the responses for some reason. Perhaps they got sent to junk. Anyway, I tail -f'd a couple of the server's logs while attempting to access a newly created survey, and nothing came up. Specifically the error and access logs. I'm attaching the phpinfo() saved as a .htm page. Please forgive my paranoia, as I have removed anything even resembling identifiable information. I don't think you need IP addresses or usernames to help make a diagnosis. :) I've done some digging, and I can't find the recommended MAX_POST_VARS or MEMORY_LIMIT. I don't see a MAX_POST_VARS, but I do see MAX_INPUT_VARS of 1000, and a MEMORY_LIMIT of 128MB. Obviously, I can up these as necessary. Could you post the recommended values here so I can give that a try? Would anything be showing up in the logs if either of those were the problem? Thank you SO much in advance for your help!

PLEASE NOTE: I didn't see the attached .htm file. So I'm hoping if I change the extension to .txt it will be attached. Please remove the .txt from the end to view the file.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by deeringa. Reason: I did not see the attached .htm file on my post. Re-trying after renaming to .txt
More
11 years 11 months ago #79822 by deeringa
Any update on this?
More
11 years 11 months ago #79831 by deeringa
I am beginning to get a bit desperate. This project is scheduled to go live in a couple days, and I'm still getting this Sessions has expired message for every created survey! I've checked the MAX_POST_VARS and MEMORY_LIMIT. MPV = 1000 and ML = 128M. I found in the documentation that 128M should be perfectly acceptable. I can't find anything for MPV. Please help!!
More
11 years 11 months ago #79834 by lex
Replied by lex on topic ERROR > Session has expired !
it helped me to set max_input_vars to 5000
More
11 years 11 months ago #79878 by deeringa
Thanks, lex. I'll give that a shot.
More
11 years 11 months ago #79880 by deeringa
Nope. Didn't work. I'm still getting the

ERROR

We are sorry but your session has expired.

Either you have been inactive for too long, you have cookies disabled for your browser, or there were problems with your connection.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose