Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

No CSV import in participants table

• helveticar
  • helveticar's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #168353 by helveticar
No CSV import in participants table was created by helveticar
Hello,

For some reason I don't have the "CSV import" functionality in my participants table. LimeSurvey 2.7.0. I can't find a setting anywhere or a plugin to enable that, anyone knows why it's not available?

i.imgur.com/8gsoW10.png

I have 3 surveys (for 3 separate conditions) for which I need to add 100+ users. Names/emails don't matter but the tokens need to be the same, since they'll automatically be forwarded to one of the conditions by an external website, so I need the same 100+ token users in all 3 surveys.

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #168372 by holch
Replied by holch on topic No CSV import in participants table
Why don't you upload and embed the screenshot directly here? Much easier for us, we don't have to click and open the link, but see it directly in your post? Help us to help you, make our life easier!

Here an example:

This is how it should look like.

What type of user are you? Check with the super admin if you are missing some rights.

By the way, this screenshot was taken from Version 2.73.1+171220. I am not even sure if there has ever been a 2.7.0??? I think with 2.5 it moved to 2.50.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: helveticar
  • helveticar
  • helveticar's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #168373 by helveticar
Replied by helveticar on topic No CSV import in participants table
Sorry - will use the attachment function next time. Usually I avoid forum's attachment functions because oftentimes it's only visible for users, which is really unfortunate if visitors are forced to make an account just to see the screenshot. I see the LimeSurvey forum does not do that, so I shall support you and not use Imgur anymore ;-) I can't go back to edit my first post, otherwise I'd to that.

Again, you hit the nail on the head - I didn't know I had to be super admin to be able to see the import feature. That was simple. Thanks!
  • holch
More
5 years 10 months ago #168375 by holch
Replied by holch on topic No CSV import in participants table

Sorry - will use the attachment function next time. Usually I avoid forum's attachment functions because oftentimes it's only visible for users, which is really unfortunate if visitors are forced to make an account just to see the screenshot. I see the LimeSurvey forum does not do that, so I shall support you and not use Imgur anymore ;-) I can't go back to edit my first post, otherwise I'd to that.

The good thing is that the attachments should stay with the post as long as it exists. I so often have seen posts with external links that then did not exist anymore, which is totally useless. I am getting annoyed with posts where the photos are only available when registered. But even if this would be the case, here: There is basically only ONE forum about Limesurvey that is worth the while, which is this forum. So for anyone who uses Limesurvey, I think it is not too much to register here. I agree when you look up something more general and there are thousands of forums. But Limesurvey?

Again, you hit the nail on the head - I didn't know I had to be super admin to be able to see the import feature. That was simple. Thanks!

I don't think you NEED to be Super Admin. But you need to have the correct rights as a user, I think. But as I am mostly running LS as a Superadmin, I am not 100% sure.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose