Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Login problems after updating LimeSurvey through FTP

• tmaclean
  • tmaclean's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #167748 by tmaclean
Hi,

I have an installation of LimeSurvey version 2.73.0 installed using Softaculous on cPanel. When in Softaculous, I do not get the notification or option to update LimeSurvey through Softaculous anymore, I believe because the installation is so out of date. In order to update the installation, I've downloaded the most recent stable version of LimeSurvey and overwritten the old version's files with the new version's files. I did this through FileZilla and it seems to be working fine, besides an error when trying to log in for the first time with any account.
When an account is logging in, I get a server error page (attached), but just refreshing seems to fix the problem, and nothing else seems to be wrong with the installation. This is not that big of an issue, besides the fact that all the admin users will have to refresh the page when they log in on a new browser.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to fix this, please let me know!

Thank you
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 11 months ago #167750 by LouisGac
don't use softaculous to update.
it's making a lot of problems.
+ we're not the softaculous forum, contact them.
  • tmaclean
  • tmaclean's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #167751 by tmaclean
I didn't use softaculous to update, I used FileZilla to overwrite the files. The error seems to be with LimeSurvey as the login page loads fine, but once the Log In button is clicked, the error page comes up. When I refresh this error page, it logs me in and nothing else seems to be wrong.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose