Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

When upgrading LS1.92+ with ComfortUpdate Error: pclzip bad format

• LemonWrangler
  • LemonWrangler's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #167070 by LemonWrangler
Hi Forum,

I have a LimeSurvey version 1.92+ running.
When i click in the ComfortUpgrade i get a black page for a few seconds and then i get an error message:
"Error : PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature".
From the webpage "<limesurveyInstallPath/admin/admin.php?action=update"

Since others got this error later in the updateprogress due to a timeout, i have tried it many times, but the response was always the same after only a few seconds of blank followed by that error.

I know that the directory, LS was installed in, was renamed a long time ago. But since then LS worked just fine in all surveys, so i suppose that isn't the problem here, is it?

Any ideas how to make ComfortUpgrade work?
Love to hear any suggestions!

Thanks for your time.
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 weeks ago #167081 by LouisGac
  • LemonWrangler
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #167108 by LemonWrangler
Hi LouisGac,

Thank you for your reply!

Before i've posted here i've spend hours seaching and ofc using google and other search engines, i've read many of the entries here on this forum reaching back years! So i won't ask lightly, without first doing some proper lookingup myself.

My LimeSurvey site is properly hosted by a compagny best of its peers, and i've used about (or less then) 10% of the space capacity, leaving many GBs of free space, if thats too small then you may call me crazy!

My host doesn't specify the amount of free ram, only reporting the amount of used processor power and thats also well dimensioned. I'm not an admin there, but i think its mostly virtualised servers and should have no reasonable limit on the needed/required memory.

But I love to hear how to check for that. The extended cockpit provided by my hoster however doesn't have any indicator for memory used.

I hope you have some other usefull idea's i can check.
Thanks in advance
  • c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #167109 by c_schmitz
I would just update manually once (see manual.limesurvey.org/Upgrading_from_a_previous_version ) - after that any future updates should work with ComfortUpdate.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by c_schmitz.
  • LemonWrangler
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #167111 by LemonWrangler
Hi c_schmitz,
Thank you for replying (here and the bountifull answers else in this forum)!!!
Yes i'm also on that path, however the manual tells of a probably upgrade path with many stops of subversions along the way. It also tells of the option to download all previous versions.
As it seems an upgrade to 2.00 (then to 2.0.6) seems most gentile and thus with the greatest chance of success. However i'm only seeing a download option of the latest version of LiemSurvey v3.6.2 , it seems i'm obviously looking at the wrong place.

Would you be so kind to direct me to the right place, or is that section outdated and is it now recommended to only upgrade to the latest version (from my current v1.92+) ?

Thanks
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 weeks ago #167141 by LouisGac
1.9x is a very old version. Maybe you'd rather export all your surveys, and reimport them on a fresh installation?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose